Well done you :) where did you go?

Pleased Tommy enjoyed it too :wub:

+1 xx

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

How nice is that? Shame about the cuppa, know that feeling well!

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

Well done, but the idea is to drink something that you only need a bottle opener for ;)

• Like 1

"Mavis" 1992 Elddis Force 2 towed by 2011 Vauxhall Meriva 1. 7 CDTi - Just me and my dog

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong

I went on a DA rally at Netherseal (not too far from Tamworth). I had plenty of support from my friends in the DA.

• Like 4

A Fiat Doblo camper and a Lunar Ariva 2019
grace my drive.

I'm taking things as I feel. I was going to go away this weekend but that would mean missing the Sunday carvery at my local for two weeks on the trot! We had got our names down to run our usual THS in the Derbyshire Dales so I am going to do that as friends will be helping out.

Edited by colonel
  • Like 4

grace my drive.

Well I've done it! I've just had my first solo trip in the new van with only my dog, Tommy, for company. I appear to have remembered to pack everything (well nearly) and Tommy seems to have taken to caravanning. I did not take to having to make my own cup of tea when I had set the van up. I also managed to erect my new Kampa Pro porch awning by myself although I did have help taking it down just before the big winds hit. Here's to more trips out.

Hi colonel. Picking-up from some earlier confusion with the term Solo and The Caravan Club having made use of it and - was this with or without the caravan attached to your FL2 ?

• Like 1

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Caravan definitely attached to Freelander, Caravan Club?

grace my drive.

Hi colonel, me and the kids ( 2. 5 yrs, 5 yrs) are off to west Stockwith on Thursday to see my late wife's sister, first time away since losing her to cancer in December. I'm off to the storage place at 12 today to put all the cleaned bedding in and to replace the front blind. It's a strange feeling to be in the caravan without Helen tho.

• Like 5

Hi colonel, me and the kids ( 2. 5 yrs, 5 yrs) are off to west Stockwith on Thursday to see my late wife's sister, first time away since losing her to cancer in December. I'm off to the storage place at 12 today to put all the cleaned bedding in and to replace the front blind. It's a strange feeling to be in the caravan without Helen tho.

Brave man. I know the feeling. It will be quite an adjustment doing those familiar things differently. Hope the kids keep you on track. Best of luck but don't be surprised when those surges of anguish kick in, it's normal.

• Like 5

If at first you don't succeed. ... redefine success.

Brave man. I know the feeling. It will be quite an adjustment doing those familiar things differently. Hope the kids keep you on track. Best of luck but don't be surprised when those surges of anguish kick in, it's normal.

I only lost Val in February to secondary breast cancer, so I really know how the emotions can kick in but hey ho, on with the motley! Good luck to you.

Good luck, I'm told things will improve.

• Like 1

grace my drive.

I think you are both brave, so sorry to her of your losses, I'm not sure I could do it, so HUGH respect to you both, I hope the kids and the dog keep you both occupied enough to enjoy you time away.

Edited by Digger_07
  • Like 4

Well done, but the idea is to drink something that you only need a bottle opener for ;)

Even easier with a ring-pull - it's what caravan fridges are designed for!

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Such a sad time, but time is a great healer best of luck too you both,

• Like 3

Ray

I only lost Val in February to secondary breast cancer, so I really know how the emotions can kick in but hey ho, on with the motley! Good luck to you.

Good luck, I'm told things will improve.

It takes time and resilience, don't be too hard on yourselves and take each day as it comes. All familiar words I'm sure but until you have experienced it you can't know just what it's like. I found that people judged by the outside cover and assumed I was fine. Nothing was further from the truth.

I thought I wasn't any better until my friend lost her husband suddenly too. In helping her with her devastation I realised that although still in pain I had grown stronger without realising it.

Take care! It will slowly come right.

• Like 8

T00ts

Well done to you,I am sure with time,and good friends time will heal. Great thing about rallying someone is always willing to help. Not the same circumstances as you but my husband wanted to go away last weekend. I wasn't keen 2 reasons,1 have had bad back. 2not towed this bigger new van. So I was apprehensive,not like me at all. Usually hitch up off I go. Well getting out the drive was a nightmare,as our mover,which was changed over,was fitted to low and dragged on a speed bump broken beyond repair. So had to tow off the drive,couldn't gauge the back,how close to bungalow it was,or how close lamp post on end of drive was. Anyway nice neighbour saw me out. Few more grey hairs. Got to site,which was on a farm,sloping. Again stewards and family all helped see me back, and pitch up. So many kind people,makes going out along possible. Enjoy your trips.

Well we got here (west Stockwith) took 3 hrs, kids were silent most the way thanks to in car DVD players!

Sitting in the van now, kids asleep, having a glass of wine, can't be bothered to get tv working as it's rare to be in silence!

Will have a toast to my late wife, love you Helen!

. ..and a toast to you and your kids too. The first of many hols to come - she would be very proud of you!

• Like 5

T00ts

Well we got here (west Stockwith) took 3 hrs, kids were silent most the way thanks to in car DVD players!

Sitting in the van now, kids asleep, having a glass of wine, can't be bothered to get tv working as it's rare to be in silence!Will have a toast to my late wife, love you Helen!

She married a good un xx

• Like 4

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

What a touching thread. Good luck to you all.

Paul

• Like 1

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

A lovely thread, you are both amazing and I wish you all the best in the world, please keep letting us know all about your travels, you're both an inspiration :)

• Like 3