Sign in to follow this  
bluebird

3 Month European Adventure

For many years we have been envious of those able to take extended holidays with thier caravans or motor homes, I must have read every blog written, many of you are contributors on here.

Well now it's our time and in a few days we set off.

I have started a blog to record our adventures so please feel free to have a look at it from time to time, there is very little on it at the moment but I will do my very best to update it weekly my objective is to be totally honest recording the highs and lows of the trip.

Here's the link. http://www. travelpod. com/travel-blog/lunartrips/1/tpod. html

• Like 6

Have a great time.

PM sent

John

Edited by JCloughie
  • Like 1

Good for you Bluebird go for it . I love to see people doing what we,ve spent half a lifetime doing.

I wish you every luck with your adventure. :D:D:D

• Like 1

Good luck with your adventure! Enjoy every minute!

Having just taken a look at your blog, I really hope you're not starting the adventure outside the Queens Hotel in Newport lol!

Have a great time.

Good luck - and have a wonderful trip. Take time to see the 'off the radar' parts of Europe - those not in the tourist brochures, and you'll find lots to do and see.

• Like 1

Having just taken a look at your blog, I really hope you're not starting the adventure outside the Queens Hotel in Newport lol!

Have a great time.

LOL perhaps I'll arrange a send off outside The Celtic Manor !

Good luck - and have a wonderful trip. Take time to see the 'off the radar' parts of Europe - those not in the tourist brochures, and you'll find lots to do and see.

Yes it's quite a flexible plan at the moment. ......not doing the Costa's been there many times in the past

• Like 1

Can you give us a rough itinery as I am sure we all want to follow your route.

Can you give us a rough itinery as I am sure we all want to follow your route.

From Caen we have got 16 days to get to the Algarve staying there for 21 nights, maybe then up through Portugal, need to be in San Sebastián by 15 May ( we have a date with a certain Mr B Springsteen) then down to the South of France for a few weeks before heading up to Bordeaux to Watch Wales play in the Euros finals then couple of weeks in Central France.

• Like 3

From Caen we have got 16 days to get to the Algarve staying there for 21 nights, maybe then up through Portugal, need to be in San Sebastián by 15 May ( we have a date with a certain Mr B Springsteen) then down to the South of France for a few weeks before heading up to Bordeaux to Watch Wales play in the Euros finals then couple of weeks in Central France.

Sounds like a great trip with plenty of time to see the various areas. Hope you enjoy every minute.

• Like 1

Sounds lovely!

We've done a shorter version twice.

Good luck with the trip and the blog. Don't forget to include plenty of pictures.

• Like 1

31 days until we are off for our European trip! Need to get the blog updated before we set off! Just cannot wait! No serious planning until we get to this weekend. Not tempting fate!

Just enjoy your trip and go where the wind blows, or even better where the sun is hot!

31 days until we are off for our European trip! Need to get the blog updated before we set off! Just cannot wait! No serious planning until we get to this weekend. Not tempting fate!

Just enjoy your trip and go where the wind blows, or even better where the sun is hot!

Thank you have always enjoyed your blog

Good luck with the trip and the blog. Don't forget to include plenty of pictures.

Thank you, your european trips have been very informative .

• Like 1

Have a wonderful time Bluebird look forward to reading your blog.

snooks

• Like 1

Have a wonderful time bluebird. Sounds like a cracker of a journey even before you have started.

• Like 1

Again have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

In the vernacular "dead jel!" Good luck, travel safe and well, will follow your adventures avidly.

• Like 1

Have a wonderful time Bluebird look forward to reading your blog.

snooks

Thank you, I think it was your website got us thinking about such a trip.
  • Like 1

Best of luck.

I'm sure you will soon find that 3 months is nowhere near long enough!

• Like 1

Blog updated today

That was a good read. Keep it coming.

• Like 2

Would your 21 nights be in Espiche by any chance, we will be there ourselves some of that time?

David

• Like 1

Would your 21 nights be in Espiche by any chance, we will be there ourselves some of that time?

David

No we will be at a small site called Casa Rosa in Moncarapacho if it's nearby call in for a cuppa