Sign in to follow this  
brumwolf

Review: Ssang Yong Korando Elx4

Anyone interested in this vehicle should also read Parkers review,which received half the stars. ....just by way of balance. .. kit isn't everything

and size isn't either !! ;)

But there are lots of satisfied caravan tuggers about with Korando up front.

geoff

• Like 3

Anyone interested in this vehicle should also read Parkers review,which received half the stars. ....just by way of balance. .. kit isn't everything

I've found that if the motor dosn't have one of the so called premium badges i. e Merc, BMW. Audi, Range Rover etc, then the motoring press always tend to be critical, they fail to realise that not everybody wants or can afford those premium motors. The Korando and Rexton in my opinion are great towcars they do what it says on the tin, at an affordable price, they may not be everybody's choice but then that's always going to be the case.

• Like 6

Never believe the"press" they only want the premium brands to test. ignore comments from owners of these overpriced and underperforming brands. ask one to take theirs off road (I don't mean wet grass)they would not be up to it.

If owners of the so called premium brands don't like them,don't bother trying to put them down,just a thought,don't sis anyone run with merc engines and running gear?nuff said,I like them.

ps I run a Landrover

• Like 1

I have purchased one recently. Probably the best towcar I have ever had and nice to drive solo. But not too good on fuel. Mine is the auto which won't help.

Seem to get average of 31-2 solo and 23-4 towing. Similar to my last car a 4007 manual.

John

52 solo!

Garage just loaned me their manual. Computer showed 34. 5

John

I bought a new Korando ELX4 in September 2017, manual version. Fantastic car both for towing and general purpose, very comfortable. Have found the fuel economy very good as long as you use a light foot.  Recently did mid-day journey from Maidstone to King's Lynn via motorways at around 60mph and the fuel average shown was 60mpg. Towing a Hobby weighing 1,500kg  down to west country on A303 averages around 24-26 mpg.

The spec is good but value for money is exceptional!

Sign in to follow this