Sign in to follow this  
david 1220

Thetford Contents Gauge

Hi,

Seem to remember a mention ( on here ) of a modification to the waste contents gauge so that it shows 3 lights on the top regarding the amount of contents. Have looked on a number of sites related to Thetford parts with no luck--- anybody any idea's ?

( trying to avert that dreaded shout from toilet comp--- the red light has come on ! )

I think that would be quite a complicated mod as the existing system is just a magnetic reed switch. You'd need to install 3 switches and associated wiring. Not impossible but. ....

You actually have a reasonable amount of grace once the red light comes on. You could increase this by moving the reed switch (which is outside the container) down a centimetre or two so that it's triggered earlier.

It depends on your toilet.

Thetford do a 2 reed switch board and a new control panel which will give you an intermediate level warning in addition to the full warning.

If you have a C250/C251 toilet then you need a T50710 Control panel and a T50715 Reed switch board. They should just plug in and replace the existing items.

For my sins I have a C260 which needs a wiring harness in addition to the components (different parts to the C250/C251) and the advice from Thetford on Swifttalk was 'DON'T DO IT'. Still thinking about it . . .

Cheers

Keith

When my single reed switch for C250 failed on hols, local dealer showed me the 2 reed version, which is identically sized, and is a straight replacement, except that you nee the new Control panel as well. Don't know about the cost of the panel, but the switch is only a few quid

Use a dipstick!! :rolleyes:

Use a dipstick!! :rolleyes:

​Er-- are you volunteering :) ?

When the red light comes on and the shout goes up, you have 2L of holding space left empty. This is enough for most people!

Here you go.

Control Panel for C250 Cassette Toilet - SW model - T50710 £26. 74

Reed Switch - C250 - Multi Level - T50715 £8. 70

Subtotal

£35. 44

Shipping (Post Service)

£3. 95

VAT

£7. 88

Total

£47. 27

Cheers

Keith

Edited by rslsys

Hi,

Thanks everybody for your response. Regarding 2L space left when red light comes on, with our grandchildren. ..............

rsisys-- where did you get the prices from ? been looking but the ones i have seen are a lot higher.

Hi,

Thanks everybody for your response. Regarding 2L space left when red light comes on, with our grandchildren. ..............

rsisys-- where did you get the prices from ? been looking but the ones i have seen are a lot higher.

As per the link I posted at post 3 above, with Bradtech they come to £42 before p&p, not sure what their p&p costs are.

As per the link I posted at post 3 above, with Bradtech they come to £42 before p&p, not sure what their p&p costs are.

Thanks

Hi,

Yep the prices were from Bradtech. PM me if you are interested, I bought them to do my toilet because the Caravan handbook said it was a C250, in fact it is actually a C260!

Cheers

Keith

Hi rsisys, thanks for that -- the back of an envelope is in use even as we speak ( doodling circuit diagrams ) but more than likely leave things as are.

• Like 1

I don't see why is there a need for another indicator lamp for the waste tank. A quick look down the hole when the flap is open gives a good idea of how full it is.

Another lamp is just another unnecessary gadget and something else to go wrong.

Visual displays on televisions, to show how loud the volume is, also baffles me!

• Like 2

I have never relied on the light, a simple look in the waste tank after flushing tells me when I need to empty, having said that I empty it every two days whether it needs it or not. ...

Beat me to it Wunny

Edited by kiaboy
  • Like 1

empty everyday Only takes a minute

• Like 2

empty everyday Only takes a minute

Ours is emptied everyday too

I don't see why is there a need for another indicator lamp for the waste tank. A quick look down the hole when the flap is open gives a good idea of how full it is.

Another lamp is just another unnecessary gadget and something else to go wrong.

Visual displays on televisions, to show how loud the volume is, also baffles me!

Never mind wunny -- perhaps the wife can explain what it means. ...................... :D

It's the 'blind' led apertures that you can see on the left-hand side of the flush panel that originally set me off.

Does no one else regard things like that and blanked off switch positions as a challenge?

Cheers

Keith

It's the 'blind' led apertures that you can see on the left-hand side of the flush panel that originally set me off.

Does no one else regard things like that and blanked off switch positions as a challenge?

Cheers

Keith

I did which is why I did the conversion, (see post #3) and love it. ... As I said, if it makes you happy, why not do it. ...

• Like 1