Not Hot Water In Lunar Quasar 544

We have a 2015 model Lunar Cosmos (Quasar) 544. It has a Truma CP Plus combi system for hot water and space heating. If my wife and I take showers in the Lunar, the shower hot water runs decidedly cold after a few minutes even if we use it sparingly. This is with the hot water setting turned to Boost and with both gas and electric heating the water. . In previous vans we have been able to shower with almost continuous hot water. We are not wasteful as a full 40 litre Aquaroll is more than enough to see us through 24 hours of 2 showers, washing up etc. The van is due for it's first service soon. Do othes with this Truma system have the same experience, or is there a fault in our van?

It does help if there is a pause (20min) between showers ;)

You are only dealing with 10L-12L of hot water assuming

that the boiler is "full" and any water to be heated is not

under 10deg. C (approx) The amount of heat is fixed so

the outside temperature affects the time water takes to get

to the desired heat.

I find putting the electric element on makes little or no difference,

what does make the difference is both people turning the water off;

wet, water off, soap, rinse.

We always shower as you suggest - wet, water off, soap, rinse - and have done in our previous Swift, Bailey, Elddis and Bailey vans, but previously the hot water supply has kept up with our use so we could shower one after the other. Unfortunately I can't remember the make or type of the hot water system in our previous Swift Fairway but it wasn't the Truma system as fitted to our current van which otherwise is excellent and fits our needs.

Incidentally note our lack of brand loyalty! We choose a van based more on layout, weight ans size and our current van is the best compromise yet. We're really pleased with it.

We always shower as you suggest - wet, water off, soap, rinse - and have done in our previous Swift, Bailey, Elddis and Bailey vans, but previously the hot water supply has kept up with our use so we could shower one after the other. Unfortunately I can't remember the make or type of the hot water system in our previous Swift Fairway but it wasn't the Truma system as fitted to our current van which otherwise is excellent and fits our needs.

Incidentally note our lack of brand loyalty! We choose a van based more on layout, weight ans size and our current van is the best compromise yet. We're really pleased with it.

On the Alde wet heating system, the hot water boost switch turns off the circulating pump so that all the energy goes into the hot water - does the new Truma system have this facility?

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

We have a 2012 Quasar 544 with the same water heater and experienced exactly the same problems. It was certainly a disappointment after 5 years with a Bailey which had hot water (with approx. 5 mins between) enough for 2 x showers without it going cold. We only use the electric at 60 degrees and no gas boost.

We have experimented with different settings and found that turning off the water overnight and staring up in the morning gave us more than enough for the first shower (wife) and then waiting 15/20 mins watching the news channel before the symbol stopped flashing to indicate the 60 degrees had been reached. Not sure if it is the combi water capacity or just a cr*p system-I'm leaning towards the latter! We found that 2 x showers equated to approx. 20 litres, not sure what the capacity of the combi is.

I rang Truma technical dept who just suggested fitting a shower head with a restricted flow to conserve water. Shame Truma don't monitor this forum.

Edited by lukijb