Sign in to follow this  
hairdresser

Replacement Caravan Window

We are selling our Swift Challenger510 2006, but we have a broken kitchen window We have looked at probably all the second hand windows on the internet we have found a firm that can get new windows from the makers of the windows and they are being very helpful, we have given the year, the chassis number measurements of the window and the make and year of the caravan, surely I would have thought just giving the chassis number would be all that they needed and it would be quite simple, has anyone else had any problems trying to get a new window.

I replaced a window in a caravan with a new one made by the original manufacturer (Polyplastic). I didn't have any issues ordering it but the caravan was only 4 years old at the time.

One thing to bear in mind though is that due to sunlight fading the existing windows in your caravan the new one will look a different colour. It might not be too bad in the kitchen if it is a single window on it's own. .. the main issue is when you replace one of the front windows, the colour difference is very noticeable when the new one is right next to an old one.

Mark.

It may not be so obvious, being a separate window though.

Miriad Products are the main suppliers of Polyplastic windows and the important info required is the Roxite number from the old window.

This is printed on a small sticker, usually in the top left hand corner of the window.

Edited by Brecon

Miriad Products are the main suppliers of Polyplastic windows and the important info required is the Roxite number from the old window.

This is printed on a small sticker, usually in the top left hand corner of the window.

Is that the top left hand corner when looking from the inside or outside of the caravan?

I'm pretty sure that Miriad won't sell to the public, it's a trade supplier only.

There is a company Eeco who can make windows to order for caravans. If you post me I will send you details.

Regards Anorak

I went through Eeco they put me on to the supplier that I am now dealing with I must have had at least 6 emails back and forwards in the end they wanted the measurements of the inside of the window so we sent the measurements rubber to rubber on the inside of the windows now waiting for them to get back to me. If we were not selling we would have stuck the window with super glue.