Sign in to follow this  
Antony1977

Powrtouch Evolution Single Manual - Cheapest Place To Buy?

Having been awake most the night with poorly 3 year old I've been trying tongued good deals on the above mover.

Cheapest I can find is £820 anyone know anywhere cheaper? Happy with the manual version

http://www. worldofcamping. co. uk/powrtouch-evolution-single-axle-manual-caravan-mover?gclid=CNWPyby5ycsCFfYy0wodU_UNDg#Description

The link you have posted is for the more expensive mover. I would recommend the power touch classic which you engage with a level manual. I would ring around dealers and mobile caravan for a price. or If you are Mechanically minded you could fit it yourself and save the fitting cost. But saying that i did think of doing it my self but ended up getting the dealer to fit our move when we swapped caravans. They did do a very nice job of it, all the cables are neatly layed out tied back.

I did look at the classic but it's discontinued now would that cause problems if I needed assistance?

I suppose the classic would do the job, it's just to park it on flat ground. As I lost my wife to cancer in December I now realise how useful she was when it came to guiding the van in for me!

I would not fit it yourself unless you feel 100% certain you will get it right. Powrtouch fitted ours new in 2006, but it veered a little to one side.

He cam back a week later, fitted a new motor and it has been fine ever since.

Mind you, I'm too old now to think that crawling under a caravan is my idea of fun :)

I would get it fitted, I don't tackle anything on vehicles!

I have just had a Powrtouch Classic fitted and it cost £725 complete with the 5 year Powrtouch warranty.

It is a bit heavier than the newer movers but looks to be a good piece of kit (I have only driven the van up and down the drive so far with it to comment further!)

Mike

Sign in to follow this