So after pulling the van out of winter storage ready for her usual clean. I Spot that my front window has 2 inches of water sat between the layers of plastic. Great!! Then notice that the middle one is even worse and is clearly split top to bottom.

Any ideas on repairs or does any one know of a half decent salvage yard to get replacements!!

Abbey 215 GTS, Towed by Skoda Octavia 59 plate, 2. 0L TDI CR VRS DSG.

From your description, it does not appear that you could repair them. I have used,and had good service

from S. F. M. Caravans in Halifax, not far from you. 01274 832257, but closed today I think.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Superglue does a good job bonding plastics, but you'd have to make sure the whole area which had to be stuck together was bonded tight during the drying process.

It sounds like the split in your windows is pretty long

The main window the split is top to bottom!! Ito not help that I store my van near Great Yarmouth but I live in Northants! I'll give the people a ring in Halifax thanks for that. I did think superglue I'd need to see if there's a screwfix or such like bear by to get a 3 or 4 clamps to make sure can hold it closed whilst drying. Thank you

That's a very interesting read! Thank you very much indeed! I shale be giving that a try. Although I to have used duck tape as a temp repair damn it. Will tow the van the 2 and half hours home from storage. Repair and then the 2 and half hours home! Will be a long weekend!

Glue will not stick acrylic you need bond it with a glue hat will weld the acrylic.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Thank you. I think with correct planning it should be to hard to do. Though the pings at the top of the winner windows are missing. So will have to try and sauce them.

20160313_135427_zps4y5son1u.jpg

20160313_135430_zpszt1t3lcs.jpg

Some pics of completed frame with polystyrene in place. I reused the old 3x1 tip timbers from the old frame as I couldn't find anything else which was 25mm wide, it was all 21mm pse. I put them in reverse of before though so all screws will be going into new holes.

Polystyrene is held in place with pu40. Once this is all set then next up is fitting the inner panel of ply. I have it drawn up on the panel ready to be cut but that will have to follow next time

So after pulling the van out of winter storage ready for her usual clean. I Spot that my front window has 2 inches of water sat between the layers of plastic. Great!! Then notice that the middle one is even worse and is clearly split top to bottom.

Any ideas on repairs or does any one know of a half decent salvage yard to get replacements!!

Hi when my bailey windows delaminated I used http://www. eeco-ltd. co. uk/ they were a bit expensive but did a very good repair

the only problem is they will not do a repair if some one has tried to repair it with an unsuitable glue & as £90 + is alot better than £300 = for a new window I didnt try to repair it myself just in case it failed

Edited by TD 42