Hi, I am after wallpaper for my swift challenger 2007. I have had a damp issue addressed but now require new paper.

I cant seem to find any were to sells it at a none rediculous price.

Also any ideas on the best glue for new paper?

Thank you

Abbey 215 GTS, Towed by Skoda Octavia 59 plate, 2. 0L TDI CR VRS DSG.

It is my understanding that modern vans do not use wallpaper. They use wallboard which is a special light board with a finish pattern or colour on it.

You could try caravan breakers.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Clearly all your repairer has done is fix the damp rather than fully repair the interior. Fair enough if the price was right. Normal caravan wallboard has a thin vinyl covering, thinner than any wallpaper and to re-instate that, you would need to replace the wallboard. Alternatively you could use any wallpaper stuck on with ordinary wallpaper paste, although a vinyl paper would be more durable.

Wonder if shower board would do the same job Light,durable and above all waterproof plus you can have many types of design and effect.

Soakster pulling a 2 Berth Bailey Pageant with a Mercedes E350 Coupe Sport Tip Auto Blue Efficiency and "Loving It" :P

If I'm honest I bought the van in its current condition. I could see that there had been ano issue but before buying I had the van check over by a local swift dealer who confirmed that the repair was good and there was no other damp in the van.

But like you say I don't understand why the repair hadn't included the papper. It isn't anything major though so if going to cost a fortune to repair I'll probs leave.

Thanks for responses.

Well I'm up to the van this weekend I'll have to have a look and see what's what then really. Iv had a look online and replacing wall board doesn't look like the easiest of jobs! Maybe time to call in the pros!

If you are not up to doing the job yourself or just don't feel confident enough to have a go, then your best bet is get the professions to do it for you, if there is nothing else wrong with the van then its a small price to pay to have it looking good again.

If you are not up to doing the job yourself or just don't feel confident enough to have a go, then your best bet is get the professions to do it for you, if there is nothing else wrong with the van then its a small price to pay to have it looking good again.

But will the price be truely small?

Depends how much you value you caravan I suppose.

What I was getting at was that professional repairs are very costly due to the high content of labour in such work.

For many older vans potentially for some it will cost more to repair than they are worth.

DIY it is quite economic; the only really expensive part being the purchase of wall board which is c. £80 to £100 a sheet and the two part glue which is a little pricey too. However a professional. job in the thousands will cost for DIY only a few hundred to do.

It will take you considerable time to do though and consistent warm dry weather helps a lot. A summer job really.

• Like 1

What I was getting at was that professional repairs are very costly due to the high content of labour in such work.

For many older vans potentially for some it will cost more to repair than they are worth.

DIY it is quite economic; the only really expensive part being the purchase of wall board which is c. £80 to £100 a sheet and the two part glue which is a little pricey too. However a professional. job in the thousands will cost for DIY only a few hundred to do.

It will take you considerable time to do though and consistent warm dry weather helps a lot. A summer job really.

Yep, I quite agree with what you are saying, but if they are not confident to do the job then having it done for you is the only way. Pricey, I know but as I said it all depends on what you value the caravan to be worth to you.

Edited by Digger_07

Thank you. Sadly the wallpaper issue is now on a back burner. Have got the van out of storage to clean and two of the front windows have delaminted!! Brilliant not very happy!