Sign in to follow this  
Saralou67

What's Your Must Have Accessory ?

Out of interest, how much does a single serving from one of these machine cost (just £, not CO2) and how much do they weigh?

My pods for the lattisima cost about . . . 21p I don't know how much they weigh . . DONT GET ME ON WEIGHT AGAIN LOL

My pods for the lattisima cost about . . . 21p I don't know how much they weigh . . DONT GET ME ON WEIGHT AGAIN LOL

Sorry Loz! We won't go there then!

• Like 1

. . And truth is, milk in a mug popped into the microwave and frothed with a battery frother and a spot of coffee from a cafetiere makes a decent macchiato . . .

• Like 1

. . And truth is, milk in a mug popped into the microwave and frothed with a battery frother and a spot of coffee from a cafetiere makes a decent macchiato . . .

My gran used to make it like that for me, minus the frother and with Mellow birds. Tastes a lot like the Flat White that if such a popular import from Australia.

• Like 1

The nespresso pods start at about 29p. Agree that microwaved milk (to a sensible temperature) is likely sufficient for a Latte etc. in fairness but when the brother is free anyway. ..

• Like 1

The nespresso pods start at about 29p. Agree that microwaved milk (to a sensible temperature) is likely sufficient for a Latte etc. in fairness but when the brother is free anyway. ..

I buy the "non branded" ones off amazon and have found a flavour we like, but as you say if it's free it's a win

Am quite miffed I missed the offer as we have one and my son wants one but I couldn't justify the full price for his birthday ( I'd be broke by the end of the year spending the same on everyone ). . .

Tends to be around October time it comes out & lasts until early Jan

I manage quite nicely with alta rica coffee, my must have accessories are solar panels and a claw hammer for knocking the pegs in and pulling them out.

I manage quite nicely with alta rica coffee

That if the best instant coffee I have found. The tesco finest equivalents are pretty good too.

Like all things these coffee pods are a personal preference for convenience vs cost. We have sued Tassimo's for years at home now and plenty of offers around for pods but usually around 18 to 25 per pod. never use the milk ones as don't like the UHT milk or cream so we have a milk heater and frother (Lidl special years ago)

Also have a Aeropress which gets taken on longer holidays or rallies sometimes as a nifty little strong coffee maker and easy to clean up

Also drink instant mainly for decaf in evenings if I have run out or forgotten the decaf real stuff lol!

• Like 1

Like all things these coffee pods are a personal preference for convenience vs cost. We have sued Tassimo's for years at home now and plenty of offers around for pods but usually around 18 to 25 per pod. never use the milk ones as don't like the UHT milk or cream so we have a milk heater and frother (Lidl special years ago)

Indeed, you are right.

At my previous company, we had an commerical version in the board/meeting room, where it made a lot of sense (gone are the days where there was someone to clean up coffee filters etc).

The home versions have been very cleverly marketed to create an air of exclusivity. I understand that for a good while the pods weren't available in normal supermarkets for example? For me, they taste ok (some are a bit artificial) but are too expensive and wasteful to be an alternative to real coffee. I wouldn't want to carry a surface eating appliance with me in the van either. I think if you really like the more elaborate coffee shop drinks (as opposed to just espresso or americano) they might appeal more.

Indeed, you are right.

At my previous company, we had an commerical version in the board/meeting room, where it made a lot of sense (gone are the days where there was someone to clean up coffee filters etc).

The home versions have been very cleverly marketed to create an air of exclusivity. I understand that for a good while the pods weren't available in normal supermarkets for example? For me, they taste ok (some are a bit artificial) but are too expensive and wasteful to be an alternative to real coffee. I wouldn't want to carry a surface eating appliance with me in the van either. I think if you really like the more elaborate coffee shop drinks (as opposed to just espresso or americano) they might appeal more.

I wouldn't take one with me either . You then start on, "do I take the bread maker/ halogen oven/ veg steamer/ dyson ?" etc . . I'd be a travelling appliance shop !!!!!!!!! 😳

I wouldn't take one with me either . You then start on, "do I take the bread maker/ halogen oven/ veg steamer/ dyson ?" etc . . I'd be a travelling appliance shop !!!!!!!!!

Exactly! Some do though. We once took the slow cooker (we'd started it at home and it was only a 30 min drive to the site).

• Like 1

But if that is what makes caravanning goof FOR YOU then no problem that's the point

Our new (to us) van has a lot of work surface now so the Tassimo is a very real possibility to take along and we like it. May go in awning who knows for longer trips as again we now have external 240v

Some people like caravanning with bare bones and others like home from home hence why there is such a diverse range of answers on what people class as essential

• Like 4

But if that is what makes caravanning goof FOR YOU then no problem that's the point

Our new (to us) van has a lot of work surface now so the Tassimo is a very real possibility to take along and we like it. May go in awning who knows for longer trips as again we now have external 240v

Some people like caravanning with bare bones and others like home from home hence why there is such a diverse range of answers on what people class as essential

Very true. We avoid the awning too, unless it's needed fro shade. It doesn't feel like bare bones though and just hitching up and going is a luxury in itself. Vive la difference!

• Like 1

And I've just been informed of the latest & greatest Nespresso gadget!

http://www. pocket-lint. com/news/133624-nespresso-gets-connected-here-are-a-few-more-must-have-smart-kitchen-gadgets

Knowing me I'd forget to leave a cup ready. ..

• Like 1

And I've just been informed of the latest & greatest Nespresso gadget!

http://www. pocket-lint. com/news/133624-nespresso-gets-connected-here-are-a-few-more-must-have-smart-kitchen-gadgets

Knowing me I'd forget to leave a cup ready. ..

Is this basically a teasmade?!

More a coffeesmaid? :)

• Like 1

More a coffeesmaid? :)

You've got to admire the marketing though! More stuff you don't need but you kind of think you do! :o

You've got to admire the marketing though! More stuff you don't need but you kind of think you do! :o

I'm keeping my eyes firmly shut!

• Like 1

Indeed i'm a sucker for my gadgets butbhave to confess that even i dont need remote management oif my coffee!

Now if they came out with a Nespresso machine that could somehow be used via 12v/gas i'd be interested! the bialletti is ok but i do like my Nespresso :)

I'm keeping my eyes firmly shut!

At least it's not a new type of awning. There seem to be some people with real problems in that area!

Indeed i'm a sucker for my gadgets butbhave to confess that even i dont need remote management oif my coffee!

Now if they came out with a Nespresso machine that could somehow be used via 12v/gas i'd be interested! the bialletti is ok but i do like my Nespresso :)

I'm holding out for remote management of my motor mover (once I get it) and corner steadies. That way, the van can be ready at the storage site gate when I get there. I can't see this idea going wrong in any way at all. :blink:

• Like 1

At least it's not a new type of awning. There seem to be some people with real problems in that area!

I'm holding out for remote management of my motor mover (once I get it) and corner steadies. That way, the van can be ready at the storage site gate when I get there. I can't see this idea going wrong in any way at all. :blink:

I don't know WHAT you mean 😛

. . Do you think a new awning would be a good idea . . . A porch one maybe . . . Pref a blow up one. . . Or are those too heavy?. . . A cotton one, NO, def polyester. . . Polyester is light . . Isn't it?. . .

I NEED THERAPY!!!!

I don't know WHAT you mean

. . Do you think a new awning would be a good idea . . . A porch one maybe . . . Pref a blow up one. . . Or are those too heavy?. . . A cotton one, NO, def polyester. . . Polyester is light . . Isn't it?. . .

I NEED THERAPY!!!!

Maybe a wind-out Isabella Air Porch with annexe and iPhone control, in kevlar?

Maybe a wind-out Isabella Air Porch with annexe and iPhone control, in kevlar?

WHOOOOOO . . . Where from. . . Wassa price?!!!. . . . I don't think you'd make a good therapist !!!!!!

• Like 1