Sign in to follow this  
dobbo

Cheap All Service Pitches

Hi as the title says is there a list of all service pitches ( elec, water, and waste) or any that any forum members have been having just retired we need to keep the cost down but definitely want all service pitches any ideas welcome

Thanks Rob

Very limited availability most of year as small and so popular but Magic Cove in Mawgan Porth in Cornwall is very reasonably priced with fully serviced pitches from £18. 50 a night inc free WIfi aswell.

Very close to lovely beach, pub, shop

• Like 1

Lady heyes frodsham is probably the cheapest all service I've been too lovely site with access to some great walks

Plassy Wrexham ways is a bit more pricey but possibly one of the nicest sites I've been to

Harbury Fields Nr. Warwick (affiliated to the Caravan Club, but not a club site). We stayed here last October and I was surprised at the reasonable charges.

Depends on when & where you want to go.

There's here:https://issuu. com/vauxhallholidaypark/docs/2331_main2016

Page 21 of brochure

http://www. vauxhallholidaypark. co. uk/

Use the slider, bottom left to zoom, left click. hold and drag to get to prices

Super pitches and Premier pitches are fully serviced for grey waste, water, electric & TV, free WiFi, no extras for the pitch.

If it shows fully booked, phone them.

Edited by Wunny

We find that serviced pitches are like hens teeth.

We always ask whrn booking CC sites but very very rarely have any success.

Another vote for Harbury Fields Farm which I have been visiting for more than ten years from when it was a CL.

Harbury Fields farm site fees.

Try Sandy Balls. New Forest. About£12. 00 per night if you avoided school hols and weekends.

Outside of the main holiday season Dornafield do some cracking deals

If you look at the tranquility group of sites adult only most of them have fully serviced pitches and still much better value than the CC

Phil.

Use UK campsites . CO. UK and use the filters choosing service pitches.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Thanks to all we have some to look at keep them coming

Thanks Rob

On 23/02/2016 at 19:30, DeeTee said:

Another vote for Harbury Fields Farm which I have been visiting for more than ten years from when it was a CL.

Harbury Fields farm site fees.

I am there for a week next month so will see as the reviews look encouraging .

Dave

Correction to previous post.

Give VHP a miss.  New owners, prices hiked, entertainment now poor, there has been problems with travelers on site.

poor reviews

Posted (edited)
On 23/02/2016 at 10:35, dobbo said:

Hi as the title says is there a list of all service pitches ( elec, water, and waste) or any that any forum members have been having just retired we need to keep the cost down but definitely want all service pitches any ideas welcome

Thanks Rob

UK Campsite allows you to include Serviced Pitches as part of the search criteria

Edited by Black Grouse

Is it not somewhat perverse to expect an all serviced pitch to be “ cheap “.  The sites that install these facilities have to recover their investment and there is only one way to do that - in the pitch fee.

I understand that people ( retired or not ) want the best available deal, but asking for “ cheap “ on what are the top end of pitches is a little odd. 

BTW - I am well retired, have to watch the cash like most folks and prefer serviced pitches where I can afford them - if I can’t, I do something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivan leslie said:

Is it not somewhat perverse to expect an all serviced pitch to be “ cheap “.  The sites that install these facilities have to recover their investment and there is only one way to do that - in the pitch fee.

I understand that people ( retired or not ) want the best available deal, but asking for “ cheap “ on what are the top end of pitches is a little odd. 

BTW - I am well retired, have to watch the cash like most folks and prefer serviced pitches where I can afford them - if I can’t, I do something else.

Whilst "expecting" cheap serviced pitches is perverse, there are plenty of serviced pitches which are cheap - we're currently on a CL in Gloucestershire with fully serviced hardstanding pitches at £85/week

Posted (edited)

I spoke to one CL owner who had installed fully serviced pitches and as they were on water meters they had noticed they had started saving on costs as before installing, many campers would throw buckets of water down the drain or hedge when they were getting ready to leave. So  their are positives for site owners to actually install them 

Edited by kiaboy
Added CL

19 hours ago, kiaboy said:

I spoke to one CL owner who had installed fully serviced pitches and as they were on water meters they had noticed they had started saving on costs as before installing, many campers would throw buckets of water down the drain or hedge when they were getting ready to leave. So  their are positives for site owners to actually install them 

Providing, of course, that users of the serviced pitches are prepared to pay his asking price for them.

4 hours ago, ivan leslie said:

Providing, of course, that users of the serviced pitches are prepared to pay his asking price for them.

I have never paid more than £15 per night 

• Thanks 1