How To Adjust The Coachman Vip Front Panoramic Window Blind.

kiaboy

1) Gently remove the two side LED light fittings these can be eased from behind the main light housing with your fingers and disconnect the light if it is in your way.

This will show this, (Yours may be slightly different to this but same principle)

sml_gallery_39577_819_170709.jpg
and
sml_gallery_39577_819_1391845.jpg
2) Mark the cord with an indelible marker near to the screwed adjuster.
sml_gallery_39577_819_1553158.jpg
3) Then holding the loose end of the cord by either fingers or snipe nosed pliers (taking up the slack) loosen the securing nut sufficiently to allow the cord to be pulled through with ease, this should only be done in increments Max of 20mm (if there is that amount of give) tighten the nut back to the required amount to firmly hold the cord. Repeat this on the other side.
4) Check the blind can be pulled down and opened
5) Reconnect the LED lights (if you disconnected them) and replace light unit to panel again taking care not to apply too much force.
HTH's
KB

Excellent write up, thanks but. ..

Any idea when I click on the image to make it larger it says I don't have permission to do it?

Thanks for this Kiaboy. Dispels the myths that the whole panel needs to be dismantled. One thing I would say, though, to others attempting this - please be very careful where you grab the pod to pull it out. Don't grab the silvery strip like I did & rip it straight off!

Excellent write up, thanks but. ..

Any idea when I click on the image to make it larger it says I don't have permission to do it?

CMA,

When you click on the image, it will open (hopefully) then to enlarge have you tried to right-hand click and select large?

I have just tried it and can enlarge the image.

Paul

Thanks for this Kiaboy. Dispels the myths that the whole panel needs to be dismantled. One thing I would say, though, to others attempting this - please be very careful where you grab the pod to pull it out. Don't grab the silvery strip like I did & rip it straight off!

Glen,

I suppose it depends on the size of your hands getting into the adjuster

Paul

Edited by kiaboy

I have uploaded the photos again to another folder as the others were loaded to my personal folder

Hope this helps, I have also added extra photos showing the amount of adjustment made and the tools used.

VIP Front Blind Adjuster location.2

VIP Front Blind Adjuster location.1

VIP Front Blind Adjuster location

Blind Right Adjuster

Blind Left Adjuster

LED Light Pod rear

Tools Used To make The Adjustment

Job took me about 20 mins to complete.

Yes these pictures are good, and it is a simple task, unless you over tighten the cord holder screw - and the cord snapped.

This left me with very little cord to work with, so trying to undo my mistake caused me grief, regards access for big hands.

I ended up removing the small locker door and three screws to remove the grey panel, which allows you clear access into the corner.

I jointed the short stub of cord with a small elect wire connector, to the snapped piece of cord and retention the lot. Hey presto.

So be warned - don't over thigh red these grub screws.

Edited by PapaT

Yes these pictures are good, and it is a simple task, unless you over tighten the cord holder screw - and the cord snapped.

This left me with very little cord to work with, so trying to undo my mistake caused me grief, regards access for big hands.

I ended up removing the small locker door and three screws to remove the grey panel, which allows you clear access into the corner.

I jointed the short stub of cord with a small elect wire connector, to the snapped piece of cord and retention the lot. Hey presto.

So be warned - don't over tighten these grub screws.

• 4 years later...

Hi Kiaboy

I needed access behind the two LED light fittings you removed either side of the panoramic roof window during fitting some LED reading lights with USB charging sockets. I found the removed light fittings required quite a lot of force to pull them out of their housing and now on refitting them they are quite loose in the housing. What have I done wrong or did you have this problem and or how did you get the lights to fit snug. your comments/advice would be much appreciated.

The caravan is a 2016 VIP575

Regards

dbn

2 hours ago, dbn said:

Hi Kiaboy

I needed access behind the two LED light fittings you removed either side of the panoramic roof window during fitting some LED reading lights with USB charging sockets. I found the removed light fittings required quite a lot of force to pull them out of their housing and now on refitting them they are quite loose in the housing. What have I done wrong or did you have this problem and or how did you get the lights to fit snug. your comments/advice would be much appreciated.

The caravan is a 2016 VIP575

Regards

dbn

From my memory, the light units were held in the housing by plastic pegs with a recess on the stem, if these have been damaged during removal and refitting then they will need to be replaced.  HTH's

Edited by kiaboy

12 hours ago, kiaboy said:

From my memory, the light units were held in the housing by plastic pegs with a recess on the stem, if these have been damaged during removal and refitting then they will need to be replaced.  HTH's

Hi.     Many thanks for the quick reply, the pegs seem ok surprisingly because it seemed to take quite a pull to remove the fittings. I think the problem could be that I have not previously touched these fittings and that maybe they have always been a little loose, I will see how it goes,.

What is HTH's? please.

Best wishes

5 hours ago, dbn said:

Hi.     Many thanks for the quick reply, the pegs seem ok surprisingly because it seemed to take quite a pull to remove the fittings. I think the problem could be that I have not previously touched these fittings and that maybe they have always been a little loose, I will see how it goes,.

What is HTH's? please.

Best wishes

HTH's = Hope This Help's

• 8 months later...

Hi wonder if you can help, what make of blinds are in the Coachman, tried fixing ours without success,  might order a complete new unit, many thanks.