Sign in to follow this  
mr_h

Roll Out Canopy (E.g. Caravanstor) Vs Unicorn Iii Alutec - Compatable?

Good to hear. It didn't make sense as it was.

The Bailey site has been changed and updated. Looks like they have listed every caravan made since 2011!

I've been reading this topic with interest.

Am I right in thinking that these awnings don't require drilling into the caravan?

Also can anyone suggest a list of alternatives to the Fiamma?

Sorry for hijacking it but it seemed like a good place to get current information

The Canopy/awnings that hang in a bag on the side of the van do not require any drilling, Often known as Awning in a bag. i. e. these types and probably others.

Fiamma caravanstore.

Fiamma caravanstore zip.

Quest roll in a bag awning.

The same companies and others also make products that do. these fit into a cassette that is bolted to the side of the vehicle. Both have advantages and disadvantages and some of the bolt on ones can be fitted to caravans. Not all Vans and not all awnings so don't buy without checking.

The Bailey site has been changed and updated. Looks like they have listed every caravan made since 2011!

Sent them an e'mail yesterday and got a response within a couple of hours. Good to see they are listening and correcting mistakes, obviously a simple 'typo'.

The Canopy/awnings that hang in a bag on the side of the van do not require any drilling, Often known as Awning in a bag. i. e. these types and probably others.

Fiamma caravanstore.

Fiamma caravanstore zip.

Quest roll in a bag awning.

The same companies and others also make products that do. these fit into a cassette that is bolted to the side of the vehicle. Both have advantages and disadvantages and some of the bolt on ones can be fitted to caravans. Not all Vans and not all awnings so don't buy without checking.

Sent them an e'mail yesterday and got a response within a couple of hours. Good to see they are listening and correcting mistakes, obviously a simple 'typo'.

Thanks Alan. Knowledgeable as ever!

I am considering a Quest/Westfield Rollaway awning for our Buccaneer Schooner. Think I like the 350 size. I like the idea of the straps each side which appear to attach to the front/rear awning rails and then the bag to stop in banging up and down against the side of the caravan in wind, are these also used when travelling for same reason and when on site to stop the bag from moving along the rail?

Also I see they have been around since 2014, does anyone know if there are any updates to it for 2016?

Look forward to your experiences/views please.

We like it it's not the best in wind post-39750-0-35424700-1460844149_thumb.jpeg

We like it it's not the best in wind attachicon.gifimage. jpeg

Thanks for the post. Is that a Westfield Rollaway Darren?

Due to work pressures we only get away mainly weekends (and only then when weather is good) so it would not need to go up in windy conditions or be left up for any length of time.

I have arthritis in my hands/wrists and like the idea of rolling out the roof section and side sections do not look too heavy.

Wd be concerned about any damage to the side of the caravan tho, have you had any issues with that?

I expected I wd like the Fiamma but from the pictures/videos online I am leaning towards the Quest/Westfield.

It's a fiamma towed the caravan 9500 miles and hasn't marked the van in anyway

• Like 1

Slightly off topic

I am interested in a 4. 4 Caravanstore but would need to roll it in and out on my own.

All the videos show 2 people. Can it be done solo?

Slightly off topic

I am interested in a 4. 4 Caravanstore but would need to roll it in and out on my own.

All the videos show 2 people. Can it be done solo?

Yes, I've rolled my 4. 4 on my own but it's hard work, especially trying to keep it rolled tightly and also to hold it while doing up the Velcro straps. Much, much easier with two. You could always try "borrowing" a neighbour. :rolleyes:

Edited by chrisbee

Yes, I've rolled my 4. 4 on my own but it's hard work, especially trying to keep it rolled tightly and also to hold it while doing up the Velcro straps. Much, much easier with two. You could always try "borrowing" a neighbour. :rolleyes:

I would agree, the smaller one we had was a doddle. The 4. 1 we now have is a beast in comparison and hard work to do on your own.