Sign in to follow this  
phil1041

The Freeloaders Are Back.

Oh dear the tuggers will not like that! Stand back and wait for incoming fire.

Phil as a tugger of many years experience you are absolutely right about freeloaders, it does seem unfair that you tuggers can tow another vehicle which doesn't have to be separately registered and pay road tax, whereas Motorhomers do exactly that. So I am sure this would be another area of freeloading you would like to see clamped down on and brought into line with your continental tuggers ??

Don't forget the compulsory insurance and MOT for Motorhomes as well!

knarf

Phil as a tugger of many years experience you are absolutely right about freeloaders, it does seem unfair that you tuggers can tow another vehicle which doesn't have to be separately registered and pay road tax, whereas Motorhomers do exactly that. So I am sure this would be another area of freeloading you would like to see clamped down on and brought into line with your continental tuggers ??

The difference is that the caravan tuggers don't abuse local hospitality and use the local caravan sites, they dispose of their grey and black water using the provided facilities and put their waste in the appropriate bins, whilst paying for the privilige.

Oh and the caravanners pay road tax on the tow car just as the motorhomers do on their vehicles.

Is there any particular reason you seem to be defending motorhomers when your signature shows you as a caravan tugger, or are you just playing devils advocate, your comments seem a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas:-

• Like 5

Your attempt at provocation does not hold water for 2 reasons as Steve says we also pay road tax and also what about the motorhomers that lug around the toy cars on their illegal A frames. You must try a litle harder as you seem determined to provoke!!

Phil.

• Like 1

The cars they tow are hopefully taxed and insured though, depending on which country they are from!

In Australia they pay "rego" on cars and trailers glad we don't.

Yes my van is insured and dealer serviced annually!

Yes, the cars behind motorhomes are taxed. And depending on the nature of the a-frame and where they're being used, they're legal too. If they aren't, then it's strange that the UK police don't seek to stop them. ...perhaps those who don't believe them to be legal would like to launch a private prosecution? Or perhaps those insurers providing bespoke policies for a-framed cars would consider whether they're "aiding & abetting"?

None of which has anything to do with whether those motohomers choosing not to use a caravan site are freeloaders. ...

Edited by Disco4

Oh dear I have a motorhome,Bicycles, a dog, I use windbreaks and have been known to tavel a 45mph in a 50 zone I must be the spawn of the devil!

Forgot to add i'm also classed as geriatrc what other sins have I forgotten?

knarf

I hope knarf . ... you haven't got . ..... a wood burner, too . .... :ph34r::ph34r:

Pete

With regards to a frames i should clarify i was referring to here in Spain where it is illegal to tow any car unless you are a recovery operator or the emergency services.

Phil.

Edited by phil1041
  • Like 1

Nope its pan where i come from.
Unlike you not old enough yet for the pension mate.
Oh and i actually dont need it when i eventually qualify agewise again unlike you presumably
Mate.
Oh and too has 2 o's
Mate
Phil.

• Like 1

Maybe they have £50,000 vans becuase they are careful with the pennies. After all if I remember correctly we can only spnd it once.

Seems maybe a bit of green eyed monster showing it's head.

Not really if i bought the same value as my car and van it would be in excess of that figure in no way at all is the green eyed monster an issue believe me.

Phil.

Get them in the UK too. Our town council is getting the views of residents about the rash of motorhomes that have been appearing along the promenade. ... we get roma camps too.

As the prom is at the bottom of our road you can guess what I will say.

Get them in the UK too. Our town council is getting the views of residents about the rash of motorhomes that have been appearing along the promenade. ... we get roma camps too.

As I've said before, there is a huge difference between "parking" and "camping" with a MH, and I am a strong advocate of motorhomes using official campsites overnight. Considerate "wild camping" should be the exception, and only then in places where it will not impact on others or the environment.

Gordon. (a motorhome owner)

• Like 2

Would that be Meols/ Hoylake prom or New Brighton ?

Edited by david 1220

Wallasey, by the coastguard. It started with one or two, now it is getting like an encampment. There was a caravan too last week.

Residents are none too happy.

If you want the solution see post 21. ;);)

• Like 1

Wallasey, by the coastguard. It started with one or two, now it is getting like an encampment. There was a caravan too last week.

Residents are none too happy.

Yep, just come home from New Brighton along the prom -- 7 M/H & 1 caravan . ..............................

Yep, just come home from New Brighton along the prom -- 7 M/H & 1 caravan . ..............................

Thats more than is allowed in a CL/CS!

• Like 1