Sign in to follow this  
steve frs

Pegasus 4 Who Has Ordered One?

£300 fitted a have word with your dealer that looks over the top price.

£300 fitted a have word with your dealer that looks over the top price.

What size panel is it.

post 21 100w. all part of the negotiation with van exchange.

I would if they put ALDE upgrade option on like Swift Challenger!

:)

DJ

Hi All,

We collected our Pegasus 4 Verona last Saturday (16th Jan 16) its our first ever caravan and we ordered it mid September. We added the ATC and a mover to it The build date only slipped by 2 weeks, but to be fair we were in no hurry for it therefore chose a post Christmas delivery slot.

We are quite a picky couple and like most expect value for money and good craftsmanship. With the exception of a few extra sealant blobs here and there we can fault it. The heating system is fantastic and brings the temperature up fairly fast, but have yet to try it on gas. All in all we are very pleased with our new purchase so far.

We are all looking forward to our first trip out in a few weeks.

It should rise twice if not 3times as fast in theory on gas as its the new 6kw boiler.

It is, super fast on gas, close to instant. After posting earlier i had to go and fire it all up, tank of hot water takes longer as one would expect, but when its done its really piping hot and has good pressure too.

That's really good to hear. Can't wait to pick up my modena either next weekend or the first in February. will be straight out Valentines week and then almost every weekend from then for the time we own it.

Ours is still a few weeks away from being built but from the feedback it will be worth waiting for.

had a call from dealer today and our Pegasus Verona is built and at Bristol and awaiting delivery to dealer next week not to bad, build date was week commencing 1st feb pdi and mover to fit so hopefully ready to collect before the end of the month

Spoke with our dealer yesterday and still on schedule for the end of Feb build. Also asked about cost for shock absorbers and the tv mount in the back.

They were not sure so going to enquire with Bailey at the show next week

Mike

Ours is due at the dealers end of the week. Unfortunately I will be away with work so it will have to sit there.

Verona ordered today. Build date 9th May

Spoke with our dealer yesterday and still on schedule for the end of Feb build. Also asked about cost for shock absorbers and the tv mount in the back.

They were not sure so going to enquire with Bailey at the show next week

Mike

The AlKo Shock Absorbers are an easy, 30 minute each side, DIY job, all the fixing points are already in place,

Literally, just slot the bracket in each trailing arm, and torque 4 bolts up.

Or buy a pair on-line for £75 and ask your dealer to fit them at the same time as the PDI, mine did FOC.

Should't push your build date out.

Enjoy

Edited by kilham5
  • Like 1

The AlKo Shock Absorbers are an easy, 30 minute each side, DIY job, all the fixing points are already in place,

Enjoy

Two quick questions please. 1) I see that Al-Ko shock absorbers on eBay are about £70 a pair, but I note that there are red (601206) and black (607027) ones. Is there any difference? How would I know which one I needed (following a Google search I'd probably go for the red ones)? And 2) is the warranty affected in any way by this DIY job? Should it be dealer (probably adding £100 to the bill)?

Or buy a pair on-line for £75 and ask your dealers to fit them at the same time as the PDI, mine did FOC.

Should't push your build date out.

Enjoy

I was hopeful they would just say they are £X but the sales person wanted to check with Bailey along with the rear TV mount! Either way they are both a dealer fit item, so no impact on delivery date.

Two quick questions please. 1) I see that Al-Ko shock absorbers on eBay are about £70 a pair, but I note that there are red (601206) and black (607027) ones. Is there any difference? How would I know which one I needed (following a Google search I'd probably go for the red ones)? And 2) is the warranty affected in any way by this DIY job? Should it be dealer (probably adding £100 to the bill)?

It's the red ones. Our current Pegasus has them but for some reason they don't fit them to the current version along with the ATC.

Apologies for deviating from topic.

The different colours relate to the weight of your caravan

See link below.

http://www. al-ko. co. uk/pages/colour-coded-weight-ranges-3. html

I can't see why fitting them, you would invalidate a warranty, unless they were fitted wrong.

So long as you select the right colour rating and connect them to the right holes in the chassis, which is clearly illustrated, can't imagine how anyone with basic mechanical acumen could get it wrong.

They are an AlKo accessory, designed for an AlKo chassis.

If in doubt ask your dealer to fit them, 1 hour max labour. Actually with the benefit of a ramp, probably 30 mins.

My dealer fittted my supplied shocks for nothing whilet swapping my mover over.

Apparently a few very old movers conflict with the shock position, but all current movers are compatible.

Just penny pinching, and marketing MIRO claims that render them options on lesser models.

Edited by kilham5

Shocks should be standard on every caravan, they make a noticable difference.

• Like 1

Shocks should be standard on every caravan, they make a noticable difference.

I think removing the Al-KO ATC as standard fit was a backward step as well.

Ian

Edited by Tandem Man

It's another example of Bailey adjusting their "middle" range of caravans up or down between the Pursuits and Unicorns. Our old S7 Pageant had dampers and ATC, having floated close to Senator spec at that time.

Fortunately the missing items can be added easily but at more cost.

Looks like I know what the answer might be, but would a single axle Unicorn III benefit from shockers? I have to say that I have suffered more bounce when towing the Cadiz than I did with the Oklahoma. Maybe, with the toilet top tank full (or at least not empty) and other things I'm not loading it properly, so the recently acquired nose weight guage might help. Or, of course, might shock absorbers be looked upon as hiding the root of my problem?

U3 has them as standard