Sad News Reported From The Caravan Magazine Today

RobJS

So sudden and tragic, RIP John.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Liked to watch him on the Caravan Channel.

I have searched Google but can find no other mention elsewhere of his death.

Ian

Caravan Magazine 'Tweeted' it, it is also on their 'Facebook' Page.

A great loss. :(

RIP John. My thoughts are with your family.

A very knowledgeable man, I bought his Haynes caravan manual in the '90s and used it many times.

Would have been lost without it.

Dave

Edited by Oldyamyam
  • Like 1

Dave & Linda retired and enjoying spending the kids inheritance ( they earn more than we ever did anyway) Living in France and touring in Europe with our 2013 Adria Adora Danube 642up pulled by my beloved Renault Espace 2. 00dci.

sad loss, he was a man who could make even me understand what the techey side of things were about.

I also googled a reference to his death but only found it on here and the caravan club forum, seems strange as he was a big character in the caravan and motorhome world

Happy Days

I looked on the caravan channel website and no mention which I thought a little odd.

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

I think we first met under a caravan at the NEC, as I peered beneath to look at the running gear on a new caravan, John's face appeared from the other side, doing exactly the same! Since then we met on several occasions, mostly in the press room at the various caravan shows, and he was a thoroughly nice chap to share a conversation with. His considered approach, and thoughtful nature will be missed by many caravanners. RIP John.

Gordon.

Very sad news. John was 73 years young and so energetic. Will really miss him on tv as his enthusiasm and effortless way he explained complicated issues made him a must watch. ..My thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP. ..

Met him and his wife in July this year, they were pitched next to us at St Davids CC site.

Although having seen him on the Caravan channel etc and read many articles by him in the last twenty five years have to admit I did not recognise him, luckily he introduced himself.

A real gent along with his lovely wife and so enthusiastic about our pastime.

Our deepest sympathy to his lovely wife and family. RIP John.

• Like 1

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this - what a rotten shame. A really lovely chap and only 73 as well - that's no age. Deepest sympathy to his family. We'll miss him.

2015 Coachman Pastiche 460/2, towed by a Honda CR-V EX I-DTEC 2. 2