Sign in to follow this  
thetaits

Elddis Back Panel Cracked

I just wanted to say that eventually the cracked back panel on my 2013 Avant 576 has been replaced. Hopefully I won't get the problem again.

There used to be a topic on these but I can't find it again so have started a new topic

I had my rear panel changed on my 2013 Avante 576 last July, you can imagine my horror when I went to pick it up out of storage fro Easter when I saw the roof panels at the rear of the van were all water stained. ...

Had it in for service yesterday and high dampness readings at the rear of the van due to a poorly sealed rear panel. .....they are going to rectify but will need rear bunks and bathroom removed to replace roof panel and wall panel - so pi$$ed off. .....

I have a 2013 model with the top rear corner's cracked, warranty no good because previous owner had a heart attack so not serviced for 2 years, Elddis do not supply the repair corners for the Affinity, does anyone know anyone who make's or supplies these or any other answer's or advice?

There are a number of video on utube for ABS repair kits.   I've no experience of using these but worth a look.   Also try the companies that weld plastic car bodies.   In the mean time cover the cracks with super strength gaffa / duck tape.   

Bridge marine can do plastic/gel coat repairs. not too far from you. Near end of m3.

2 hours ago, pmbetter said:

I have a 2013 model with the top rear corner's cracked, warranty no good because previous owner had a heart attack so not serviced for 2 years, Elddis do not supply the repair corners for the Affinity, does anyone know anyone who make's or supplies these or any other answer's or advice?

Did you buy privately or through a dealer?

Bought private, seems like I have been stitched up, can't afford that 72 year old pensioner, can't find anyone that might make these for me

To have the rear end replaced I have been quoted £5000

Fixing the rear wont help that much, reason I am saying this is the route problem was the timber inside the rear was not chamfered.  

Had mine fixed them put to sleep.

How was the problem fixed did the rear end have to be taken off, who did this work for you? you said you had your's put to sleep, do you mean you got rid of it, do you know how long it worked for?

1 hour ago, pmbetter said:

How was the problem fixed did the rear end have to be taken off, who did this work for you? you said you had your's put to sleep, do you mean you got rid of it, do you know how long it worked for?

On our previous Elddis we had the back panel replaced by the Elddis dealer and the repair was dreadful.   It needs someone who is experienced in replacing the rear panel to do the job.   PM sent.

On 10/26/2017 at 08:04, pmbetter said:

Dealer removed rear, chamfered the timber before replacing rear. Then I had problem after problem. so traded van in and cut my losses. last nail in coffin was a cracked roof light. Which Elddis would not replace under warranty. As for the replacement rear, This was done at 6 month. Put to sleep at 30 months, replacement rear was still ok.   

I have read recently, but cannot find it at the mo. caravans only need to be serviced every 2 years not yearly. Think it was on a quote for renewal. will dig it out

its here . approx 1/2 way down

Will your caraan be service at once every 2 years???

its on towergate web site for new quotes

So why cant you claim off ins not thru waranty?

Edited by smino0_1

12 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

its here . approx 1/2 way down

Will your caraan be service at once every 2 years???

its on towergate web site for new quotes

So why cant you claim off ins not thru waranty?

As said before nowhere in consumer law does it state that your rights will be lost if you do not have a vehicle / trailer serviced every year.   How would servicing prevent damp?  A service will only identify damp that is already present.  

This raises an interesting question.   If for example you are in the second year of ownership and have a damp issue due to cracked panel and manufacturer rejects the claim because the caravan was not serviced in time therefore dealer rejects claim also, if it went to court I wonder who stands the greatest chance of losing, the defendant (dealer) or you?