What About This - Towcar And Convertible!

Johnaldo

Fantastic looking motor . ..

post-42316-0-66348100-1448266459_thumb.jpg

The new Range Rover Evoque Convertible - see here.

Not certain about that particular colour . .. but we can all dream!

John

I wonder when we will see the first one towing a caravan?

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Hi DTio. I thought that when I first saw the Evoque - this really does reinforce my original thoughts.

Would you want to be in this and towing a caravan,trailer or a huge 'In your face boat' when it all goes wrong ?

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Not my cup of tea TBH but you can more or less guarantee that most, if not all of the major players in this marketplace follow suit. ;) .

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

Plus I would suggest their target market probably isn't most of the demographic represented on here :)

What demographic is represented on here? I would have thought all demographics were on here !

What demographic is represented on here? I would have thought all demographics were on here !

Young posers who would not be seen dead driving on grass, other than the car park at Ascot, let alone pulling a caravan! Or, if I let my prejudices come into play, the kind of person who, if he or she wanted a caravan would not want one capable of being pulled by an evoque.

I may be wrong but I would guess that many are of more mature vintage on here than the Evoque convertible target market, as can be seen from many of the expected type of replies :)

Fortunately no one has to buy one and we can all choose to drive and holiday in whatever combination we like

Well I am on here and I think I am one of the ''mature'' brigade and I like it and if ever we get a lighter 'van then I would certainly consider the Evoque Convertible - both of us (my wife and I) lover open top cars, we even have one!

I fully understand that the price is well out of the reach of many people and I also understand that a lot of UK citizens would love to see Land Rover go to the wall and thousands of Brits be put out of work - although for the life of me I do not know why this is so. Since TATA took over the company a lot of money has been invested in it and their products are now as reliable as any other sophisticated motor car - our own D4 is now five years old and has not let us down once and we have been all over Europe and the UK in it, both solo and towing. I would be just as happy with an Evoque.

PS if I do not reply to comments it is because in an hours time I am off to the hospital to have a part exchange job done on my knee :D

Well I am on here and I think I am one of the ''mature'' brigade and I like it and if ever we get a lighter 'van then I would certainly consider the Evoque Convertible - both of us (my wife and I) lover open top cars, we even have one!

I fully understand that the price is well out of the reach of many people and I also understand that a lot of UK citizens would love to see Land Rover go to the wall and thousands of Brits be put out of work - although for the life of me I do not know why this is so. Since TATA took over the company a lot of money has been invested in it and their products are now as reliable as any other sophisticated motor car - our own D4 is now five years old and has not let us down once and we have been all over Europe and the UK in it, both solo and towing. I would be just as happy with an Evoque.

No argument with any of that - i think some comments on here over certain brands get rather "tribal" to be honest.

the only point I made was I don't think the spread of members on a caravanning forum does represent the market LR will be aiming at (obviously some will fall into it!)

I very much doubt that JLR (or any other maker) would have invested however many millions on a vehicle without a very thorough survey of both existing and future potential customers requirements.

Edited by scotsstag

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

I wonder when we will see the first one towing a caravan?

Tow bars are one of the options available with both types of electrics so I would expect to see one in the not too distant future :D

Hi Ted. I think that is the caravan towing aspect of the multi disciplined demographic.

This is more likely to appeal to the dedicated or newly introduced people that would not be seen dead in an ordinary common persons convertible.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Fantastic looking motor . ..

attachicon.gifEvoque_convertible. jpg

The new Range Rover Evoque Convertible - see

Not certain about that particular colour . .. but we can all dream!

John

Not quite the same, but last year we came across someone towing with an Audi A5 convertible, 2. 7 Diesel, Quattro. Just struck me as something interesting and a but different.

It is heavier, had a quick read in a car mag in Sainsburys while swmbo was looking at girly stuff!

I like it, but I like LRs and convertibles!

Starts at £47K eek!

I have a Saab 93 convertible which would tow our van(1. 9 diesel) and love it! :)

We prefer to use Sorento for towing B)

We both really like the Discovery Sport, not too far off price of the Sorento now, so when changing time comes, we will look at it along with crewcab pickups.

I have just read that it will not be available until Spring 2016! Ready for the '16' plates!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We had lots of convertible landies when I was in the RAF, not exactly luxurious though!

good fun and we weren't paying for the fuel!!!