Scuff Mark

Hi, we have a very minor scuff mark on owe 2011 lunar quaser not sure what the front panel is made of, the scuff is so small that it is hardly noticeable but I know it's their, how do I repair it, thanks inadvance pete

Edited by dustypete

On a previous caravan I had some twerp open a delivery van door

with no retaining strap, it flipped out and caught the mid trim line

a glancing blow (the van door flew back with a bang) the blow was

mainly taken on the aluminium and pvc strip.

I had a quick look (the van drove off witha shriek of tyres) and there

was a scuff and some red paint, all I had was some Fenwicks Windowize

so (after photographing it) I tried applying some with a tissue and it

removed the red paint and the slight glaze leaving it as if nothing had happened.

Use T cut followed by a good quality polish like Auto-Glym. You'll probably finish up doing the whole of the front!

Always start with finest abrasive, and work up. As mentioned begin with your favourite car polish which does contain a mild abrasive. If this is not effective, then a T cut type product. Also, Brasso wadding is very effective used gently. With these 2, use polish afterwards, then wax. The only time these will not work fully is if you can feel a groove in the scuff as you draw a fingernail across it

Use T cut followed by a good quality polish like Auto-Glym. You'll probably finish up doing the whole of the front!

I would be very, very careful using T cut and do not recommend using it as the paint layer on a caravan is very thin and T cut will easily remove the paint as it is abrasive.