Sky Go On Laptop.

I have sky go which I installed on my laptop ( Lenovo g50 ) l only watch sport on it and it always freezes on a regular basis. For example I watched a football game and when it was actually half time I had only got to 20 minutes. I have switched it to my iPad and it works perfectly. Any of you clever people out there have any ideas. Laymans language please. I have Windows 10 on the laptop.

works perfectly on mine

Earlier this year I thought Id be able to use Sky Go in France. ........no way they block it

Until you get a vpn! We watch it in Spain.

If your laptop is buffering (usually a frozen picture with a rotating circle in the middle) there must be something causing it. It can be:-

background activity or other programmes running

poor signal if using wi-fi

interference

The simple solution is to connect your laptop to your router by a cable and see if that solves the problem - it should automatically prefer the wired connection provided you start the machine up <after> you have connected the cable. If it does then you are either suffering the second or third causes or you are connected to someone else's wi-fi which too has a weak signal.

If it does not then either something is hogging processor time (I hear W10 is notorious for it,) your laptop hasn't get enough processing power or (the most likely) it hasn't got enough RAM memory. If there is insufficient RAM the machine will use the hard disc as a temporary store and as this is very very much slower than solid state memory (RAM) it will slow everything down. You can probably tell by watching activity of the HDD indicator LED under picture freeze conditions. For W10 you should have at least 2GB of RAM and preferably 4GB or more if your machine can handle it.

Failing that you need to get someone who knows their way around a laptop to find out what else is running that does not need to be that is hogging processor time. I would suggest you do not take it to a well known store - they will likely nadger the machine.

The fact that the iPad works suggests that there is nothing wrong with your broadband speed or router.

Edited by Woodentop

I have sky go which I installed on my laptop ( Lenovo g50 ) l only watch sport on it and it always freezes on a regular basis. For example I watched a football game and when it was actually half time I had only got to 20 minutes. I have switched it to my iPad and it works perfectly. Any of you clever people out there have any ideas. Laymans language please. I have Windows 10 on the laptop.

It seems that the browser that comes with Windows 10 (Edge) may be the issue. Sky suggest using Firefox or Windows Explorer. Something to do with Silverlight.

Read this Sky advice:

http://help. sky. com/articles/sky-go-supported-devices