Ehic Renewal

Troops,

Following on my my passport thread, I was prompted to sort out the EHIC.

Applied for it on Monday and it rocked up today.

All set for travelling now. ...

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Don't forget to make sure you renew your EHIC through the official NHS Website and not one of the 'scam' sites which look official but aren't, and which will charge you for a service which should be free.

It is very quick to get at the moment. I renewed mine last week and from application to receiving it was 5 days.

Les

I wonder if EHIC's are valid in Turkey and Iran?

I wonder if EHIC's are valid in Turkey and Iran?

NO.

Nor do these countries

• Monaco
  • San Marino
  • The Channel Islands, including Guernsey, Alderney and Sark
  • The Vatican
  • The Isle of Man

these do

NO.

Nor do these countries

• Monaco
  • San Marino
  • The Channel Islands, including Guernsey, Alderney and Sark
  • The Vatican
  • The Isle of Man

Although not part of the UK, wouldn't you get free treatment on Isle of Man as it is a British crown colony?

Edited by DeltaTIowner

For my own info, you can renew EHIC cards for up to 6 months before they expire but time is not added, unlike passports.

I am happy to do it for anyone here, to save them the bother. I have a specially reduced rate of £65 per card. :) :) :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Although not part of the UK, wouldn't you get free treatment on Isle of Man as it is a British crown colony?

Indeed you will as you will in the CI - straight reciprocal agreement.

And low cost prescriptions too!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

If you run out of a regular prescription while abroad in the EU, if you have the prescription from yoru local doctor can you get the prescription free if over 65?

If you run out of a regular prescription while abroad in the EU, if you have the prescription from yoru local doctor can you get the prescription free if over 65?

I very much doubt it but don't know for sure.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Indeed you will as you will in the CI - straight reciprocal agreement.

The question was 'is the EHIC valid in. ...' and it is not valid in the CI and the Isle of Man although they do have a reciprocal health care agreement with the UK.

The ability to reclaim charges for medicines and treatment in EHIC countries was removed 1st July 2014

http://www. nhs. uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/EHICchanges. aspx

I forgot my medicines in France several years ago. I had to visit the local doctor, explain what I needed, then an exam, then paid 15 euros and came away with a prescription.

Down to the local pharmacy and got tablets no problem, although they had to pick me off the floor as it cost over £70 as one of the tablets were for IBD and not that common. I lost my receipt so never got round to claiming from Newcastle as you could then.

My prescription in France cost me twenty-nine euros, and in this country would have been free. If you are taking expensive medicines then don't run out when you're in Europe!