Why, Oh Why, Don't They Use Mould Resistant Sealant...

neebs

Hi there,

Is it just me. ..or are there others who are equally as baffled. ..as to why? (in this day and age)...the caravan manufacturer doesn't use a mould resistant sealant during the caravan assembly.

. ..Within all the advertising blurb. ..They keep going on about utilising the latest technology. ..and that they work hand in hand with the Sealant Supplier, for state of the art bonding techniques, etc. etc. ..

So why are they still assembling Caravans. ..without utilising mould resistant sealants during the caravan's manufacture.

The external sealant runs (for me, especially on the roof) are peppered with black mould "spots" within the sealant. ..

Obviously. ..you can be too exuberant when washing the exterior. ..for fear of dislodging the existing sealant runs. ..but. ..the "mould marks" are within the sealant anyway! . ..so even if you were to resort to enthusiastic "rubbing"...the mould just isn't coming out!

Don't get me wrong. ..I really love my 'van. ..

I just find it disappointing. ..and frustrating! that the discolouration of the sealant runs will just get worse and worse. ..on what is otherwise, a pristine caravan!

Regards,

Frustrated fae' Fife aka neebs

No

Hi there,

Is it just me. ..or are there others who are equally as baffled. ..as to why? (in this day and age)...the caravan manufacturer doesn't use a mould resistant sealant during the caravan assembly.

. ..Within all the advertising blurb. ..They keep going on about utilising the latest technology. ..and that they work hand in hand with the Sealant Supplier, for state of the art bonding techniques, etc. etc. ..

So why are they still assembling Caravans. ..without utilising mould resistant sealants during the caravan's manufacture.

The external sealant runs (for me, especially on the roof) are peppered with black mould "spots" within the sealant. ..

Obviously. ..you can be too exuberant when washing the exterior. ..for fear of dislodging the existing sealant runs. ..but. ..the "mould marks" are within the sealant anyway! . ..so even if you were to resort to enthusiastic "rubbing"...the mould just isn't coming out!

Don't get me wrong. ..I really love my 'van. ..

I just find it disappointing. ..and frustrating! that the discolouration of the sealant runs will just get worse and worse. ..on what is otherwise, a pristine caravan!

Regards,

Frustrated fae' Fife aka neebs

Mine too!

Same here! I have tried polishing it out, bleaching it out, and even painting over it! In the end I

resort to resealing over the top of it. The stickiness of the sealer does not help either, leaving black

lines from the dust. :(

Mine to, owned from new, kept clean. It's annoying.

And it looks shabby on site, hardly a good advertisement for the manufacturer.

• 1 month later...

Elddis "Solid" is just the same black mould spots on the outside sealant vey disappointing.