Sign in to follow this  
Durbanite

Recall On Buccaneer Twin Axles

I came across this article concerning twin axles from 2010 onwards. See here Interesting as it is only being done by a dealer and not officially by Elddis. There is also another long thread on another UK camp site forum regarding Buccaneers.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

If it is not an official recall, I wonder who pays for the repair if necessary. Does this dealer then submit a warrenty claim? Also, seems strange that they are broadcasting it in such a way, could they not have just written to people they have sold twins to?

I came across this article concerning twin axles from 2010 onwards. See here Interesting as it is only being done by a dealer and not officially by Elddis. There is also another long thread on another UK camp site forum regarding Buccaneers.

Hi DTio. The technician states that it is Elddis/The Explorer Group tandem axle - tandem axle Elddis and tandem axle Buccaneers and mainly on SoLiD vehicles and the date shown is from 2010 !!!!!!!!!!

As I recall - SoLiD did not appear until 2012 and was introduced at the September factory visit.

At this point in time they were still being built on BPW chassis albeit the may have gone over to the AlKo chassis across the whole stable.

Interesting, when it stops raining I will go and check mine.

I know one of our members had to have his 2014 Buccaneer repaired.

Still using BPW on twin axles even for 2016.

Ian

Checked mine, plenty clearance.

Ian