2016 Elddis Crusader Storm

Timanita

WOW. .......

Collected the new van on Saturday, can't believe how nice it is. ..the Alde heater is a different world, the whole van is stunning.

Many thanks to Simon and all at South lincs leisure for sorting us out, would highly recommend them to anyone.

Roll on the coming weeks and years in this fab van. .....😄😄🍻🍻

Congratulations on the new van Tim.

I had a look in one at the weekend, stunning van.

Enjoy!!

Davros

Cheers Davros. ...chuffed to bits. .

Very nice. . . Wish we had a heavier car to pull one, were restricted on weight but it certainly is on my wish list

Beautiful van :) love the interior design, very tasteful . Hope you have lots of fun with it. ...do you still have bobtails to take with you? ;)

Congratulations on your new van, they are one of the best looking vans out there.

Hope you have many happy years use out of it.

WOW. .......

Collected the new van on Saturday, can't believe how nice it is. ..the Alde heater is a different world, the whole van is stunning.

Many thanks to Simon and all at South lincs leisure for sorting us out, would highly recommend them to anyone.

Roll on the coming weeks and years in this fab van. .....

Hi Timanita. I am really glad that you are so pleased with you new Elddis Crusader Storm BUT have you move home from St Helens or has Elddis/The Explorer Group changerd their policy about warranty work and who carries it out ?

It is a very long way to travel and especially with the prospect of having to go back with it again even before it is booked in for any work.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi Timanita. I am really glad that you are so pleased with you new Elddis Crusader Storm BUT have you move home from St Helens or has Elddis/The Explorer Group changerd their policy about warranty work and who carries it out ?

It is a very long way to travel and especially with the prospect of having to go back with it again even before it is booked in for any work.

Got a good contact in the service dept at an Elddis dealer nearer me so he's going to look after any warranty requirements. .

Hopefully not many. ..

Beautiful van :) love the interior design, very tasteful . Hope you have lots of fun with it. ...do you still have bobtails to take with you? ;)

Sadly we only have Molly now. .....

Hi again Timanita. My understanding has always been that it was/is a blanket poicy that only a supplying dealer can/will carryout warranty work as and when required on vans that are covered by and within said warranty period.

It has for a long time been a 'Bone of Contention' that purchasers will go off and seek a more favourable deal out of their area and then expect dealers that have lost out - for whatever reason - to just oblige and perform the neccesary work.

I strongly believe that it was that very behaviour that gave rise to the increased 'Manufacturer Approved' badge for mobile service operatives to operate.

Warranty work that needed carrying out after a dealer had gone bust needed the approval of the manufacturer,a dealer chosen by the custoner also needed to approve/be willing to carry out that work.

The dealers that would have been within easy reach of your location surely could have given you a better 'all things considered' deal than having to travel to South Lincolnshire.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi again Timanita. My understanding has always been that it was/is a blanket poicy that only a supplying dealer can/will carryout warranty work as and when required on vans that are covered by and within said warranty period.

It has for a long time been a 'Bone of Contention' that purchasers will go off and seek a more favourable deal out of their area and then expect dealers that have lost out - for whatever reason - to just oblige and perform the neccesary work.

I strongly believe that it was that very behaviour that gave rise to the increased 'Manufacturer Approved' badge for mobile service operatives to operate.

Warranty work that needed carrying out after a dealer had gone bust needed the approval of the manufacturer,a dealer chosen by the custoner also needed to approve/be willing to carry out that work.

The dealers that would have been within easy reach of your location surely could have given you a better 'all things considered' deal than having to travel to South Lincolnshire.

Mmmmm. ... Had me worried there for a few minutes, as I have already had work done to my ex van under warranty by another dealer, and was told I could go anywhere. ....so I thought I would check with Elddis, they confirmed any Elddis authorised repairing dealer can do warranty work. Thankfully. ..

I'm sure Molly will love it too, bless her :) how old is she?

She's 9 years 10 months. ....we lost Jazzy at 7 1/2 with a heart condition. ...

Molls loves the van already, we nipped out for tea on our stay over near the supplying dealership, and molls stayed in the van, when we came back she was fast asleep on the brand new double bed. ...god bless her. ...

Mmmmm. ... Had me worried there for a few minutes, as I have already had work done to my ex van under warranty by another dealer, and was told I could go anywhere. ....so I thought I would check with Elddis, they confirmed any Elddis authorised repairing dealer can do warranty work. Thankfully. ..

When I asked them they emailed a list of local dealers and non dealers who could do warranty work :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

any dealer can do the work as long as its on elddis list of approved agents we brought our last two vans up in manchester and have had them servieced and fixed under warrenty at our nearest dealer which is in birmingham and had no probs with this

regards paul

any dealer can do the work as long as its on elddis list of approved agents we brought our last two vans up in manchester and have had them servieced and fixed under warrenty at our nearest dealer which is in birmingham and had no probs with this

regards paul

It's ok saying that as long as they are on Elddis's list of approved repairers any dealer can do the work, but you must check with the dealer first.

Some dealers will do the work while others will not, they will only do warranty work on vans bought from them.

Having warranty work done on a caravan is not the same as having warranty work done on a car.

VC is correct, with a car dealer carrying our warranty work is contractual and part of the franchise agreement, with caravan dealers they CAN do warranty work but only if they WANT to. The difficulty they face is manufacturers pay an hourly rate which is much lower than their normal retail hourly rate, so when they are full of lucrative service work why should they reduce their earning potential by doing warranty they are not obliged to do?

However Timanita has had confirmation from his dealer that they happy to take on the work so this shouldn't be an issue, the other thing you can do is wait until quieter times to book in.

Davros

Warranty work on caravans from our experience is a mess, we bought a Elddis Affinity from the largest Dealer in Wales based in Carmarthen.

We could not get them to carry out repairs to the Van even though they were the Selling Dealer, After speaking with Elddis we were advised to contact Newport Caravans who carried out the repairs without fuss.

We sold the Elddis after less than 2 years and have now bought a Swift from Newport Caravans. I understand Newport have extended their facility for warranty work and repairs so there must be some money in it.

Some Dealers don't have a Workshop or one that is too small to do warranty work. IMO do your research and If possible buy local.

Edited by penman

Warranty work on caravans from our experience is a mess, we bought a Elddis Affinity from the largest Dealer in Wales based in Carmarthen.

We could not get them to carry out repairs to the Van even though they were the Selling Dealer, After speaking with Elddis we were advised to contact Newport Caravans who carried out the repairs without fuss.

We sold the Elddis after less than 2 years and have now bought a Swift from Newport Caravans. I understand Newport have extended their facility for warranty work and repairs so there must be some money in it.

Some Dealers don't have a Workshop or one that is too small to do warranty work. IMO do your research and If possible buy local.

Apparently the one in Carmarthen is not very popular?

Regardless of which dealer carries out warranty work timanita's contract is with the supplying dealer - a long way from her home. Let's hope it doesn't happen but if her new van has major problems as we've had on our 2013 Affinity it might prove difficult should legal action be required.

From past experience I would always buy locally if possible and not be tempted by apparently wonderful offers at the NEC and other shows.