Removing A Tag ...?

Hi all . ... has any-one removed an Autoroute Tag from their windscreen . ..???

As some of you will have noticed . ... we have a new motor on order . ... so need to remove our Tag and fit it to the new one . ....

. ... any ideas or have you done it . ..??

Cheers

Pete

Slide the tag out of the holder - leave that stuck to the windscreen and ask for a new holder. ATMB sent me a spare one when they sent the tag. Do you want it?

2 possibilities (though I don't know).

Sticky stuff remover from the pound shop.

Hair dryer on the outside of the screen to dpsoftern the glue.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Leave it on there and order a new one, only €2+TVA with first class delivery.

Quote from SANEF

2. 4. Can I order an extra clip / tag holder?

Your tag will be shipped with two clips enabling you to mount it in two vehicles. If you require additional clips, please go to your 'My Account' area to place the order and we will send you the additional clip/s at a cost of €2+TVA each including the First Class postage, the cost will be added to your next invoice. If you need some additional clip/s quickly there is also a guaranteed next day delivery option for an extra €10 + TVA

Additional clip/s can also be obtained from one of the Sanef points of sale in France. A single additional clip will normally be provided for free with additional clips at €2. The location of the Sanef points of sale can be found here.

A limited supply of free clips is also held at the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Folkestone Terminal behind the 'Customer Service desk'

+44 (0)1423 299017

• By Phone
    (Mon-Fri 10am-3pm only excl. Bank Holidays):

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Quote from SANEF

Your tag will be shipped with two clips enabling you to mount it in two vehicles. If you require additional clips, please go to your 'My Account' area to place the order and we will send you the additional clip/s at a cost of €2+TVA each including the First Class postage, the cost will be added to your next invoice. If you need some additional clip/s quickly there is also a guaranteed next day delivery option for an extra €10 + TVA

Additional clip/s can also be obtained from one of the Sanef points of sale in France. A single additional clip will normally be provided for free with additional clips at €2. The location of the Sanef points of sale can be found here.

A limited supply of free clips is also held at the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Folkestone Terminal behind the 'Customer Service desk'

+44 (0)1423 299017

• By Phone

Doosan, can you check that phone number please. I don't somehow think Eurotunnel will have a branch in Harrogate!

SANEF are based in Harrogate. ...not Eurotunnel.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Doosan, can you check that phone number please. I don't somehow think Eurotunnel will have a branch in Harrogate!

Yes that is the right phone number for SANEF

Our Customer Care Team welcomes your questions

Click here to submit your query

+44 (0)1423 299017

Sanef Tolling

Hornbeam House

Hornbeam Park

Hookstone Road

Harrogate

HG2 8QT

• Online:
  • By Phone

• by Postal Mail :

Ours came off when Mrs G had the Smax cleaned before we went to France this year. I stuck it back on and it's still there.

As said already I got a spare bracket when the tag came from Sanef.

Leave it on, go onto the SANEF website, and buy a new one for about £2. 99 from memory, all their contact details are on the web site

Edited by Les Medes

SANEF are based in Harrogate. ...not Eurotunnel.

geoff

Absolutely right . .. where the old ICI offices used to be.

Quote from SANEF

+44 (0)1423 299017

• By Phone

Yes that is the right phone number for SANEF

Our Customer Care Team welcomes your questions

Click here to submit your query

+44 (0)1423 299017

Sanef Tolling

Hornbeam House

Hornbeam Park

Hookstone Road

Harrogate

HG2 8QT

• Online:
  • By Phone

• by Postal Mail :

Leave it on, go onto the SANEF website, and buy a new one for about £2. 99 from memory, all their contact details are on the web site

Hi all . ... thanks for the replies . ... but, I'm with ATMB . ... and not SANEF . .... and I can't see on their web-site the option of getting a replacement . ....

Cheers

Pete

Pete. Send ATMB an e mail asking for a replacement tag holder, but if you draw a blank then send me a PM with your name and postal address and I will send you my spare one.

Hi all . ... thanks for the replies . ... but, I'm with ATMB . ... and not SANEF . .... and I can't see on their web-site the option of getting a replacement . ....

Cheers

Pete

Sorry Pete, wasn't very clear in your OP.

Cheers

Pete

Are you registered on the ATMB website? If so, you can get a replacement tag as follows: go into your account ("Votre espace abonné"), mouse over "Vos abonnements" and click on "Demandez un badge supplémentaire". They will send you another tag for the cost of the postage.

Are you registered on the ATMB website? If so, you can get a replacement tag as follows: go into your account ("Votre espace abonné"), mouse over "Vos abonnements" and click on "Demandez un badge supplémentaire". They will send you another tag for the cost of the postage.

Hi Chalky . ... yes, I've seen that . ... but I don't want a new tag . ... just the holder . .....

I have sent them an e-mail . .... it was difficult to find an e-mail address for them . ....

Cheers

Pete

A length of nylon line see-sawed across the back of the holder will lift it off the glass. Clean the remaining adhesive with lighter fuel or similar. Use good quality double sided sticky tape to re-stick to the screen.

Lidl/Aldi do 3M tape from time to time. Well worth buying as I stick a lot of stuff in my caravan rather than using screws.

ATMB provided a spare holder with my original badge.

Cheers

Pete

Sorry, I have just checked, you have to log on

We had a new windscreen fitted last week as ours got chipped and hubby used a sharp knife and cut through the glue but of course he wasn't bothered about the state of the windscreen afterwards. I didn't realise that you could buy a spare one.

I changed my car a couple of weeks ago and took the Sanef clip off. It was extremely well stuck and I was a bit worried about cracking the windscreen. It came off with my final attempt. Given my time over i would leave it there, slide the tag itself out of the holder and use a new clip if you can get one.