Insurance Renewal But Not Caravan

AWanderingLancastrian

Hi to you all out there. It is that time of the year again except that I am now 70yrs young and not 69 any-more.

I have just had notification of my pending renewal from LV,it is for my 2004 Volvo V70 D5 SE Geartronic.

Last year and at the same time I had a 2005 Volvo V70 D5 SE Geartronic that was pending renewal

The car is a slightly lower spec' - not having the sunroof and the integrated telephone system as did the 2005 car but it did shed 74,000 miles and a colour change from Dawn Blue to Titanium Pearl Metallic.

My insurance is being quoted at £110. 47 more than this time last year and although I am another year of accident/incident free driving they want to put it up by such an exorbitant amount.

I DON'T THINK SO.

In fact - I KNOW SO.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

I had my renewal documents 3 days after my 70th birthday earlier this year. My car is similar to yours (2009 V70 SEL 2. 4D Auto).

The premium increased by £2. That's right Two Quid! I'd be happy to give you details if it would help you. By the way the company is LV.

I have just left my long term car Insurer NFU and moved for nearly £200 less with similar cover and extra European Breakdown.

Where have I gone? LV

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

My renewal for my car with the Caravan Club went from £234 to £995 !! Needless to say I went elsewhere!

Hi to you all out there. It is that time of the year again except that I am now 70yrs young and not 69 any-more.

I have just had notification of my pending renewal from LV,it is for my 2004 Volvo V70 D5 SE Geartronic.

Last year and at the same time I had a 2005 Volvo V70 D5 SE Geartronic that was pending renewal

The car is a slightly lower spec' - not having the sunroof and the integrated telephone system as did the 2005 car but it did shed 74,000 miles and a colour change from Dawn Blue to Titanium Pearl Metallic.

My insurance is being quoted at £110. 47 more than this time last year and although I am another year of accident/incident free driving they want to put it up by such an exorbitant amount.

I DON'T THINK SO.

In fact - I KNOW SO.

But how much is the actual premium?

LV (and most others) try it on every year. As LV don't do price matching haggling is out.

My wife's LV renewal is due in a couple or weeks so I'm waiting to see how much more than just the Insurance tax increase is involved. New quotes already obtained for comparison.

But how much is the actual premium?

LV (and most others) try it on every year. As LV don't do price matching haggling is out.

My wife's LV renewal is due in a couple or weeks so I'm waiting to see how much more than just the Insurance tax increase is involved. New quotes already obtained for comparison.

Hi beejay. They are proposing a hike from £413. 90 to £524. 39. I have 28+yrs non fault and protected no claims.

They are very magnanimously informing me that my proposed renewal cost of £524. 39 includes a 79. 5% no claim discount for 9yrs (the maximum).

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi beejay. They are proposing a hike from £413. 90 to £524. 39. I have 28+yrs non fault and protected no claims.

They are very magnanimously informing me that my proposed renewal cost of £524. 39 includes a 79. 5% no claim discount for 9yrs (the maximum).

Have you called them to ask why it has increased so much? there will be some increase due to the increase in tax but that is a lot.

I have been with LV for some years now for both my wife's car and my own and have yet to find anyone that will beat their price on a like for like policy. There have been some cheaper but policy conditions were not as good.

I have always found them helpful when I have phoned them

Don't ring them until you've done your internet homework, then you can tell them how much cheaper the best like-for-like is and give them the opportunity to price-match.

If they don't, just walk away.

Go online with LV and get a quote as a new customer, you may be pleasantly surprised.

It's all done on postcodes, if people around you have claims yours goes up too, I live in an area well known for crashes and mine is well up this month.

Sadly all other companies want even more so not always easy to change to get less.

My car is virtually the same as yours. It's a 2009 model so the value is more but this wouldn't make much difference. My discount is the same 79. 5% (max). My premium includes LegalExs,Foreign use,Courtesycar, UK &Europe assist breakdown cover, and I pay £370. 46. This is with LV. I've been with them several years. Edited by Ern

It's all done on postcodes, . ......

There are other criteria I believe, otherwise premiums would only rise with inflation!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Have you called them to ask why it has increased so much? there will be some increase due to the increase in tax but that is a lot.

I have been with LV for some years now for both my wife's car and my own and have yet to find anyone that will beat their price on a like for like policy. There have been some cheaper but policy conditions were not as good.

I have always found them helpful when I have phoned them

Hi Laney and to you all that have reponded. I have not yet confrunted them (Sorry consulted with them) but I will be doing so shortly. My renwal date is not until the 9th December 2015 but I will need to contact them 5 days clear of that date otherwise a certificate will be automatically generated.

I am more than familiar with all of the routes to follow but it is not really about that - It is about pricipal and an out and out RIP - OFF.

There are other criteria I believe, otherwise premiums would only rise with inflation!

Hi WispMan. My postal code has not change,indeed the only things that have - in pricipal - I am now 70 and no-longer 69,the car is a slightly lower spec' and a year earlier,a different colour but the same V70 D5 SE Geartronic.

Insurance premiums never never never ONLY rise with inflation and as such we haven't had any notable inflation for several years.

We are with LV for both our cars. Les had made a claim last year on the Freelander policy and even though we had protected no-claims the renewal premium jumped considerably in July this year. We get further discounts with LV through CSMA and went online to get a quote as a new customer, declaring the accident details. Surprisingly it came out much cheaper. Les phoned LV and after a little bit of negotiating they agreed we could take the new policy out and cancel the old one - they couldn't price match. They sorted it all out (at great cost no doubt) and we received new documents by email.

We had two identical Corsa's only the colour differed. One was on the Business insurance the other personal via LV. To cut a long story short we swapped the cars so the other Corsa was now with LV. I cant remember the exact figures but the premium went up massively, after ringing them they said it was because I had just got the car, whereas the other one had had on a private policy for some years.

After a bit of arguing they did however reduce the premium to below the original cars figure?

Something on their computer doesnt like cars that you have just bought?

A claim of any type even glass can affect your premiums, but may not affect your no claims if it is protected. Even mentioning an incident to your insurers and not claiming can do the same thing.

Hi screenam. I am well aware of the potential for increasing premiums BUT non have been the case.

I firmly believe that this is another classic case of RIP-OFF BRITAIN alive and seeming doing OK at the Cash Cow motorists expense.

Hi screenam. I am well aware of the potential for increasing premiums BUT non have been the case.

I firmly believe that this is another classic case of RIP-OFF BRITAIN alive and seeming doing OK at the Cash Cow motorists expense.

It was not solely aimed at you but just advice in general.

Personally I do not see Britain as rip off, but of course we are all entitled to our views. Blame the increase on false claims and uninsured vehicles.

The first thing I would do if my insurer tried to raise the premium by that amount is ask them "is it correct and why?" If these questions were not answered satisfactorily, then I would be surfing the net for an acceptable alternative.

It was not solely aimed at you but just advice in general.

Personally I do not see Britain as rip off, but of course we are all entitled to our views. Blame the increase on false claims and uninsured vehicles.

Hi again screenman. I was not suggesting that you were or did aim it at me and as far as the various levies on premiums goes - we are all supposedly paying for the whiplash claiming brigade and the intentional dive in front and brake sharply to create a rear-ender and also for the uninsured drivers to the tune of some £30. 00 to £50. 00 per policy BUT they want to charge us again and again and again.

The motoring Cash Cows will be dropping dead with exhaustion and bleeding udders at the rate that motoring costs are rising.

My wifes insurance renewal for her Focus was almost £100 more than last year (no claims or convictions) with Tesco. I went on a comparison site and managed to get the insurance for £60 less than this year - with Tesco :o I will ring Tesco and see what they can do. I guess they will match the cheapest quote :)

I get to deal with comments made by policy holders about their renewals in the course of my job. There is usually an attractive price for a new quote, which you may well find acceptable. Come renewal, the premium is raised, and the insurance company relies on the hassle factors of searching for a better premium, or moving to another provider with an unknown track record, or you simply can't be bothered with it all, to achieve an increase in profit.

Even if you really want to stay with the same company, go online and and get a quote as a new customer. Then ring up armed with this and see what happens. ..

Don't forget to knock off insurance you don't want or need. Breakdown cover is often automatically included, but if you already have CC Mayday for example, the get it removed. Similarly, a courtesy car may be included, but if you have 2 cars in the household, do you really need this?

Don't forget to knock off insurance you don't want or need. Breakdown cover is often automatically included, but if you already have CC Mayday for example, the get it removed. Similarly, a courtesy car may be included, but if you have 2 cars in the household, do you really need this?

That's a very good point - we removed the courtesy car cover and we also only have foreign use on the Freelander policy. Legal cover is another "add-on" we have removed as we have that through our house policy and membership of the CSMA.