Which Caravan

kazdrusko

Hi I'm really stuck at the moment. I have always been a fan of crusader twin axle caravans. I am now looking for a new van and the inside spec that has everything I want is the Lunar Delta ts. I'm just concerned they have not moved forward with the new type body construction and a tad worried of the name tag leaky Lunar.

I don't know if to just go for it or stick with the Elddis or even a swift . The problem with these are the bed sizes mostly not long enough. Anyone bought the new Lunar got any reviews yet.

Thanks in advance

I was a little bothered regarding the traditional construction. They now call it'core technology' but what that actually means I don't know.

However solid and alutech seem to be full of issues.

Mine is still dry at 10 months old. Hope that's nothing to shout about.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

We had two Lunars, both leaked. The first time very badly during the winter layup, it was written off. Second one, 2005 Quasar had an awning rail leak, caught it early and repaired.

Our relatives in Lancashire used to tease us rotten when we showed up with out leaky Lunar! (They swear by Elddis) Now have a 2013 SoLiD Avante approaching 3 years old and about 5k miles towed, So far have not had a service damp reading over 10%, so hopefully finally less worried about leaks.

In my humble opinion there is not really such a thing as 'a make which leaks' is if there was no one would buy them and the company would quickly disappear. It is mostly 'the luck of the draw' whether your new caravan leaks or not and seems to depend as much as anything on how good the sealant operator was on the day the caravan was built.

I would buy the caravan you like from a (local) dealer you know or trust and enjoy it.

Personally i cant see much wrong with 'traditional' construction methods provided as I say it was built properly from day one.

We are on our second Explorer Group twin axle (2009 Crusader Supercyclone and now a 2014 Buccaneer Schooner) and liked them both v much but a small leak a month ago around skylight did dent confidence ever so slightly but lets hope that was a minor blip.

Thanks for input. I think we are going to just go for the Lunar. We have been round in circles trying to find the same spec but in new construction and don't think it exists.

The new Bucaneer is lovely but the storage space is very small.

So when my new van is ready I will have everything crossed that it's not a Friday afternoon van.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by kazdrusko

Just had our Lunar in for its first service, and no problems reported.

Dealer tells me that damp is easier to spot because Lunar use a wallboard that turns purple if it gets damp, and then returns to normal as it dries out. Reckons repairs are easier and less involved.

Sounds wierd, but only time will tell.

Hope you enjoy your new Lunar as much as we enjoy ours.

OH thinks its best van we have ever had, and always had Swifts before this one.

Edited by hp100425ev

We`ve had our Lunar for nearly three years without any issues whatsoever, changing to another in New Year. The earlier poster is right its mainly a matter of luck rather than the make, we`ve had an Autosleeper Van where water poured in, a Lunar in the 90`s which suffered from gel coat cracks, another Fiat based motorhome where the base chassis mechanics were the problem as they say pays your money takes your chance. My golden rule is now if there is any hint of a problem just before you are about to pay up WALK AWAY until its resolved