Re-Newed Passport, Back In Six Days

As the title suggests!

My passport was due to expire next April, but with the likelihood of it being needed in February and April, I sent it off using the Post Office checking service.

Back six days later.

Also, the new passport expires in ten years and a few months, so the months I "lost" by sending the passport back early, have been added to the new one

Durham office dealt with it.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

We all moan about the Government departments but I think they have improved considerably over recent years. I renewed my driving licence, passports for wife and I, and set up the car tax DD for both vehicles and it has all worked a treat. Forgot to mention renewed our EHIC's too.

Agree mine was only a week in middle of Summer. .

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

The Passport Office will 'add' up to 9 months to a 10 year passport if you apply before the existing passport runs out. Currently renewing the wife's 7 mths before it expires.

Be aware that normally a renewal is easy and no photo (and associated signed confirmation by a 3rd party) is needed. But this time her photo was rejected as she had changed a bit (she's got older!) and then we needed the photo countersigned by someone who still works. Not easy when you are both retired!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Be aware that normally a renewal is easy and no photo (and associated signed confirmation by a 3rd party) is needed. But this time her photo was rejected as she had changed a bit (she's got older!) and then we needed the photo countersigned by someone who still works. Not easy when you are both retired!

Hi Wispman,

Just to say that you must submit new, recent (within the last month) photos with all passport applications, including renewals. You don't, however, need to get one countersigned if you can still see a likeness to the applicant's old photo. Maybe because you didn't submit any they asked you to get one countersigned for security measures?

Glen.

The photos were rejected because someone judged she wasn't the same woman.

We have both renewed a few times over the years but it is a surprise to have find a working person you know when your photo is rejected!

Graham

Russ, the reason it only took 6 days is because of all the practice they are getting with

immigrant applications! :D

Renewed ours last month - sent the forms etc to Belfast and had them both back in 6 days. Excellent service. Also agree about the comments on car tax - easy to do on line, what an improvement on going to the post office!

Russ, the reason it only took 6 days is because of all the practice they are getting with

immigrant applications! :D

If they are immigrants why would they need a Passport?

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Renewed mine in March this year. Filled in on line and posted back on the Saturday and had the new passport following Friday!

Mike

The photos were rejected because someone judged she wasn't the same woman.

We have both renewed a few times over the years but it is a surprise to have find a working person you know when your photo is rejected!

They can be "retired", like me, but you do have to have personally known the the applicant for 2 years. Edited by Glen and Les

Well the passport is needed. Booked with our friends at P&O for a Dover - Calais return for a two weeks break in February. no idea of the destination, but Italy via Paris is on the cards.

Thanks for the EHIC reminder, I'll do that too!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

They can be "retired", like me, but you do have to have personally known the the applicant for 2 years.

We were told that they have to be in employment - with details of employer to be filled in.

Sub PO said we could not use retired people to verify the photo.

Passport back today after exactly 7 days with 10 yrs and 7 mths validity.

Graham

We were told that they have to be in employment - with details of employer to be filled in.

Sub PO said we could not use retired people to verify the photo.

Passport back today after exactly 7 days with 10 yrs and 7 mths validity.

The PO doesn't know everything - surprisingly! Anyway, glad you're sorted. I just thought I'd let others know that you can use a retired professional etc - it's all on the official website.

The PO doesn't know everything - surprisingly! Anyway, glad you're sorted. I just thought I'd let others know that you can use a retired professional etc - it's all on the official website.

Thanks Glen (or Les) or. ..

Now I, and others, know.

Graham