We've Gone And Done It .... New Motor .....

Pierre19

Hi all . ... yeap, we've gone and done it . ....

Been and ordered a new Discovery Sport . .... delivery not until 8th March 2016 . ....

. .... Polly is getting soooooo excited . .... never know her to get worked up over a car, before.

Still, got to get the winter out of the way, first . ....

Any-one looking for a fully serviced Freelander 2 . ...... in March . ...???

Cheers

Pete

Wow Pete - that's a very nice motor you've ordered there. Don't suppose we could swap the clutch in your FL2 before you trade it in as ours has a very suspicious smell on occasion? Lol!

Glen.

Don't suppose we could swap the clutch in your FL2 before you trade it in as ours has a very suspicious smell on occasion? Lol!

Hi Glen . ... they were very naughty at the Dealers, when I took Polly's car in for a service . .... In CAPITAL letters on the service sheet . .... "MUST HAVE A DISCOVERY SPORT AS LOAN"

Our clutch, touch wood, is going OK . .... hope it's not too serious.

Pete

Great choice of car :), is it the 5 or 7 seater?

After much humming and harrring, we don't need the 7 seater, all kids have flown the nest and no grandchildren, yet.

So we have plumpted for the SE Tech, e-Capability Ingenium engine, with Panoramic Sun roof and detachable tow bar.

In Fuji White. £0 VED in first year, whayhey . ....

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pierre19

Hi Glen . ... they were very naughty at the Dealers, when I took Polly's car in for a service . .... In CAPITAL letters on the service sheet . .... "MUST HAVE A DISCOVERY SPORT AS LOAN"

Our clutch, touch wood, is going OK . .... hope it's not too serious.

Pete

Nice one Pete :)

The reason I bought this Mondeo was that they kept giving me one as a loan car while my daughters car was in for warrantee work.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We've been married 30+ years . .. Mrs JetA1 has no interest in cars at all.

Having said that there was one exception . .. I has Freelander2 as a company car 2006-2009, she loved that car and we did a number off serious off road events with it; happy to do that because it was a company car, pushed to the limit an amazingly capable off roader.

if finances permitted we'd have another one tomorrow, I think the 'Discovery Sport' looks fantastic.

:D

After much humming and harrring, we don't need the 7 seater, all kids have flown the nest and no grandchildren, yet.

So we have plumpted for the SE Tech, e-Capability Ingenium engine, with Panoramic Sun roof and detachable tow bar.

In Fuji White. £0 VED in first year, whayhey . ....

Cheers

Pete

The extra power for towing was not seductive enough? Admittedly it comes at quite a cost premium and as you say the seats you don't want. [ Assuming the higher power engine is still reserved for the 7 seaters.]

The extra power for towing was not seductive enough? Admittedly it comes at quite a cost premium and as you say the seats you don't want. [ Assuming the higher power engine is still reserved for the 7 seaters.]

JTQ . ... the way I looked at it . ... we've been towing with 150 bhp for the past 4 years, with the F/L2 . ... and it's never left us wanting any more power . ..... so I've stuck with the 150 bhp . .... and the 2 extra seats would never be used . ...

And you are right all the 5+2 seaters are the 180 bhp.

Pete

JTQ . ... the way I looked at it . ... we've been towing with 150 bhp for the past 4 years, with the F/L2 . ... and it's never left us wanting any more power . ..... so I've stuck with the 150 bhp . .... and the 2 extra seats would never be used . ...

And you are right all the 5+2 seaters are the 180 bhp.

Pete

I would certainly like my good lady to have one for me to borrow; it is too light to replace my D3. Enjoy.

Well we wanted a Discovery Sport this July to replace our ailing Freelander2, but none available for months so settled on a 63 plate Freelander2

Will treat ourselves to a Discovery Sport when the warranty is about to expire on the Freelander2!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

. ......................might have a look at it when I'm up there Pete,but there will be so much snow!

Has anyone taken over Mrs Baxters site yet??

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

. ......................might have a look at it when I'm up there Pete,but there will be so much snow!

Has anyone taken over Mrs Baxters site yet??

geoff

Geoff . ...... we don't get the new motor . ... until March . .... and if there is so much snow . .... you wouldn't be able to see it . ...

Mrs Baxter . ....??? are you referring to the Tea Rooms . ...????

Pete

Geoff . ...... we don't get the new motor . ... until March . .... and if there is so much snow . .... you wouldn't be able to see it . ...

Mrs Baxter . ....??? are you referring to the Tea Rooms . ...????

Pete

The shopping centre was betwixt Dunblane and Perth and had a couple of clothes shops too. ..know it was virtually empty when we called last New Year. ..I think somewhere past the Shell garage??

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

The shopping centre was betwixt Dunblane and Perth and had a couple of clothes shops too. ..know it was virtually empty when we called last New Year. ..I think somewhere past the Shell garage??

geoff

Yes, you are thinking of Blackford, we don't get to go that way very often, but I think that it is closed. Just the distillery and Highland Spring.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi all . .... just had an e-mail from the Dealer, we've got a build date of 05/02/16 with a delivery date of 19/02/16 . ....

Now, a dilemma . .... do we hold off delivery for 10 days to get the 16 plate . .... or enjoy it sooner than expected . ....

Cheers

Pete

I don't think the plate has any effect, cars are valued on a daily basis as far as I'm aware.

Most people including myself struggle to know what year a car is now, so I don't tax myself working it out.

I'd be tempted to hold off that close to the new plate.

We're March 16 so easily get the 16 plate; has to be a contender for good words ending in IG?

BMW M135i - definitely not a tow carSubaru Outback 2. 5SE manual - a potential tow car, 2016 VW California 204 4motion could be a tow van