First Service

Paul64

Well took our Bailey pusuit for our first service and found damp in our bathroom has to go back for 10 days to get it sorted only a year old as well. Have to say the staff at Ropers at Catterick were just first class.

Problems happen, its how the dealer responds to them that's important.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Is it an external leak or from the shower?

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Problems happen, its how the dealer responds to them that's important.

Well took our Bailey pusuit for our first service and found damp in our bathroom has to go back for 10 days to get it sorted only a year old as well. Have to say the staff at Ropers at Catterick were just first class.

Ours was the same at its first service. Soon sorted out by Chipping Sodbury caravans.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

It was damp around the toilet base and the shower tray,the warranty will cover all the work Im just bothered only a year gone by an its got to go back in!

It was damp around the toilet base and the shower tray,the warranty will cover all the work Im just bothered only a year gone by an its got to go back in!

Well having done 200 nights plus in ours we are looking to upgrade ours to a Pegasus early in 2017. Just when all the warranties expire.

Subject to me still being on this earth!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

• 2 months later...

I don't have a damp meter, would one of those prong things leave marks in the van? Where abouts do those carrying out the service test for damp, and do they use the electronic type of tester.

Then, this thought crossed my mind: I have (almost) always had my vans serviced by a particular local dealer or local mobile, neither of whom are on Bailey's approved list. Given the moans that have appeared on CT about dealers doing all they can to avoid warranty repairs etc. might it be worth getting one of them to spend half an hour or so carrying out a damp test before I go to the dealer for my first service? I could then compare the reports of someone I trust with someone who perhaps will not always be on my side. It might cost £20, but it might just be worth it!

I have just found water on the washroom floor that appears to be caused by toilet cassette door letting rainwater into the cassette compartment, which then filled recesses and overflowed into inside of caravan at base of toilet.

Perhaps Bailey should ask Bailey Caravan owners to check to see if they have water leaking passed the toilet door seal and report back to Bailey?