Caravan Being Used As An Emergency Ward!

PR1

Well Lizzie has had a double hernia op, and been sent home after one day in hospital. I cannot get a bed downstairs, and she cannot climb stairs, so the caravan has been turned into a recovery room on our drive!

All except one neighbour have no problems!

Let's face it, in the caravan she has everything she needs! So neighbour has already been on to the council!

We have sold our house but cannot find a bungalow to move to!

Could be an interesting week ahead!

Such is life!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I hope all goes well for her, she's far more important than the neighbours feelings.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Well Lizzie has had a double hernia op, and been sent home after one day in hospital. I cannot get a bed downstairs, and she cannot climb stairs, so the caravan has been turned into a recovery room on our drive!

Let's face it, in the caravan she has everything she needs! So neighbour has already been on to the council!

We have sold our house but cannot find a bungalow to move to!

Could be an interesting week ahead!

Such is life!

There's no legal problem using a caravan as occasional accomodation - just cross that neighbour off your Christmas card list!

What's some folk's problem?? I'd see the point if it was some yobs moving in permanently!! Hope she recovers well and the neighbour realises he / she need to get a life!

Compass Shadow 1988

Well I bet you are glad you are moving and I hope you get better neighbours in your new place. I utterly detest neighbours like that. I always thought that neighbours from hell would be young, tattoed, shaven headed with unruly kids. I found out that they are just as likely to be university educated, white collar middle aged womenn. I hope wifey gets well soon too. Meantime ignore your nasty neighbour ( unless you get the opportunity to punch them without being seen ;) )

Can't understand neighbours like that, just ignoe them

I only once used the van as overspill accommodation when we had loads of family over. This was 30+ years ago. It became the girls dorm. My neighbours were amazed and still talk about the day we had 5 girls ranging from 16 to 18. Running round in their PJ's.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Invite your neighbours to join here on CT and suggest they start a topic on dogs; speeding on site or the CC - we'll soon sort 'em for you!

There are some pratts in this world. A couple month or so after my late wife had come home following a major opp for oesophageal cancer we were on a trip out for a picnic down a single track road with no passing places. A chap appeared behind me and started sounding his horn as I was holding him up. I stopped the car and explained that as the road was rough my wife would suffer greatly if I went faster. There were no passing places for the next mile without going off-road. Half a nile later he was leaning on the horn. I stopped and got out. I had no idea how fast someone could travel in reverse.

The council have great difficulty evicting illegal sites so I do not think you will

be a priority for them.

Just in case watch out for the man with the Pencil Moustache and Clip Board.

Pass on well wishes to your wife and rods to the neighbour. rofl.

PR1, on 13 Nov 2015 - 6:28 PM, said:

Why is it wrong to use a caravan at home?

When my grown up children visit they sleep in our caravan.

Thanks one and all for your support!

My neighbour who objects also attends the same church as me. We have lived as neighbours for 30 years, and she has just seemed to gone in a downward spiral since her husband died!

Take care all.

Off to bed now.

Paul

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

PR1, on 13 Nov 2015 - 9:00 PM, said:

My neighbour who objects also attends the same church as me. We have lived as neighbours for 30 years, and she has just seemed to gone in a downward spiral since her husband died!

Take care all.

Off to bed now.

Paul

Think it best then just to smile and get on with life.

Your neighbour attends church?? Amazing, with an attitude like that! Live and let live.

Start quoting a few commandments. As far as you`re concerned, you will not commit murder! (lol) for one.

Can't understand neighbours like that, just ignoe them

I only once used the van as overspill accommodation when we had loads of family over. This was 30+ years ago. It became the girls dorm. My neighbours were amazed and still talk about the day we had 5 girls ranging from 16 to 18. Running round in their PJ's.

John

We can all imagine why they remember girls running around in PJs

Some years ago, I moved in to my present house, there are 9 houses in the road, I applied for planning permission to rearrange garden walls and fencing to store the caravan in the back garden. The council informed me that 4 of the other 8 neighbours had written objecting to storing the caravan and moving fences, by the way the caravan would of been out of sight.

The council approved planning permission, I was given a file with the 4 letters of objection, so I knew who the neighbours were, these same neighbours over the 6 months of planning dispute had nothing but smiles and friendly chat, not one of the had the guts to discuss with me. I had great pleasure after approval and the work had been carried out by going to each house with their letters of objection asking what I had done to upset them for them to write to the council.

It made me feel king of the road and well satisfied.

Some years ago, I moved in to my present house, there are 9 houses in the road, I applied for planning permission to rearrange garden walls and fencing to store the caravan in the back garden. The council informed me that 4 of the other 8 neighbours had written objecting to storing the caravan and moving fences, by the way the caravan would of been out of sight.

The council approved planning permission, I was given a file with the 4 letters of objection, so I knew who the neighbours were, these same neighbours over the 6 months of planning dispute had nothing but smiles and friendly chat, not one of the had the guts to discuss with me. I had great pleasure after approval and the work had been carried out by going to each house with their letters of objection asking what I had done to upset them for them to write to the council.

Well done!

I am surprised that the council gave you the names of the neighbours who objected as that is contrary to the Data Protection Act and the council could have been given a very large fine and a severe reprimand. Imagine if the police did that as no one would report a crime!

We recently sold a piece of land to a developer, to build another bungalow. During the planning

application he asked us if we got on all right with next door neighbour, to which I enquired "why", as

for 19 years things had been great. He told me there had been an objection from No. 11

When asked how he new, he showed me on the council planning web site

I am surprised that the council gave you the names of the neighbours who objected as that is contrary to the Data Protection Act and the council could have been given a very large fine and a severe reprimand. Imagine if the police did that as no one would report a crime!

The Data protection act does not appear cover planning applications as it is part of open government where everything is out in the open.

There are other areas, specifically civil legal matters, where the data protection act does not appear to apply.

why is the neighbour in the wrong? we have caravans and so my not mind them being in our or someone else's front garden.

for those that do not own a caravan they may well feel it is an eye sore and I cant say I disagree.

not all houses are allowed to have a caravan on their drive and so I could understand someone complaining if that were the case.

I am surprised that someone that goes to church is complaining about the caravan but the op has said the women lost her husband and so there may be an issue due to that.

may be worth popping round to have a chat and explain things.

I do hope the op's wife makes a speedy and full recovery,

macafee2

There is an established principle that it's permissible to park a caravan "within the curtilage" of your residential home - provided that it's use is incidental to use of the house - so temporary accomodation for visitors or in this case for convalescence.

Developers often put restrictive covenants in house deeds but developers aren't interested once they've sold all the properties - these restrictions can apply to caravans, boats, commercial vehicles, working from home, etc.

A handful of local authorities have by-laws prohibiting caravans and other things from be parked.

A bit petty of your neighbour when your wife is ill, maybe worth inviting her in for a cuppa so that she can understand better.

Dave

Take care all.

Off to bed now.

Paul

Perhaps it may help to ask your Minister, Priest, or Vicar to have a quiet word with your neighbour to explain your situation.

She may be more receptive from a word from them.

Edited by Guest