Avondale Argente 530/5

Basil Brush

Hi to everyone, my van is a 2004 model and has fitted carpet,and was thinking of replacing it with vinyl flooring. I wondered if anybody has done this and if so how difficult a job it was. If anybody has any tips or info i would grateful. Regards Barry

Check inside the bed lockers first as some models already have a vinyl floor overlaid with carpet.

If this is not the case the you will find that the furniture will almost certain have been fixed in place over the carpet. Therefore to remove the carpet, it will have to be carefully cut around the edges, taking care not to damage the furniture veneer. You will find that there will be a few staples remove in addition to some parts being glued in place before the carpet can be fully removed.

Fitting new vinyl is fairly straightforward, if fiddly. I recall one member here who fitted self adhesive vinyl tiles in preference to using sheet vinyl, as this made the installation much easier for cutting accurately around the edges. On completion you may like to fit a mini-skirting board, in the form of 20mm quadrant molding to finish the edges neatly.

While a vinyl floor is practical and easy to clean, it is cold to the touch, therefore you would be advised to use a carpet runner on top if caravanning in outside of the summer months.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

My Avondale is a 2001 and I've removed the carpet and replaced with Vinyl. I used a new blade in a Stanley knife and carefully cut around all the furniture and removed the carpet in one piece. I then used the removed carpet as a template to cut the vinyl. Having the wheel well in the floor complicated the job but I trimmed the edge with ali angle. Once the job was completed, I bought a length of stair carpet which is removable.

post-261-0-58627900-1447425859_thumb.jpg

post-261-0-78259000-1447425871_thumb.jpg

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Check inside the bed lockers first as some models already have a vinyl floor overlaid with carpet.

If this is not the case the you will find that the furniture will almost certain have been fixed in place over the carpet. Therefore to remove the carpet, it will have to be carefully cut around the edges, taking care not to damage the furniture veneer. You will find that there will be a few staples remove in addition to some parts being glued in place before the carpet can be fully removed.

Fitting new vinyl is fairly straightforward, if fiddly. I recall one member here who fitted self adhesive vinyl tiles in preference to using sheet vinyl, as this made the installation much easier for cutting accurately around the edges. On completion you may like to fit a mini-skirting board, in the form of 20mm quadrant molding to finish the edges neatly.

While a vinyl floor is practical and easy to clean, it is cold to the touch, therefore you would be advised to use a carpet runner on top if caravanning in outside of the summer months.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon for your helpful comments,regards Barry

My Avondale is a 2001 and I've removed the carpet and replaced with Vinyl. I used a new blade in a Stanley knife and carefully cut around all the furniture and removed the carpet in one piece. I then used the removed carpet as a template to cut the vinyl. Having the wheel well in the floor complicated the job but I trimmed the edge with ali angle. Once the job was completed, I bought a length of stair carpet which is removable.

Thanks Jay for your helpful advice, regards Barry

Hi Barry,

I have just done this in my Lunar due to damaging the carpet and requiring a delamination repair, I decided to use vinyl floor tiles so if I damaged the floor I could replace just what was damaged not the whole flooring. I have put a thread on how I did it but here is a before and after.

post-45751-0-36650300-1444595168_thumb.jpg
post-45751-0-90669600-1444595188_thumb.jpg