Aldi Cordless Li-On Drill

hp100425ev

If anyone is looking for a great little cordless drill for leg winding, Aldi have a 16v model with li-ion battery on 19th November.

Edited by hp100425ev

Hi All . ..I do not have the drill yet but what I can say is both Aldi and Lidl products are great . ...and both do great warrantys . ..

Just bought a Black and Decker 18V Li-Ion battery from B and Q. Very impressed, on speed 2 blink and the leg is down. £45

Just remember that Lidl and Aldi come with three year warranties!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Only one battery on the aldi / lidl drills . . It's not the first time that a battery has gone dead with 2 steadies to go in the rain

Only one battery on the aldi / lidl drills . . It's not the first time that a battery has gone dead with 2 steadies to go in the rain

For that price, you could buy two drills and it would still be cheaper than the other makes!

Got the Aldi 18volt drill about 3 weeks ago, £19. 99, no hammer action but for caravan legs just the job. My previous one which was far more expensive when bought for leg winding had just packed up,so the timing of the Aldi could not of been better.

Edited by birdman101

Got the Aldi 18volt drill about 3 weeks ago, £19. 99, no hammer action but for caravan legs just the job. My previous one which was far more expensive when bought for leg winding had just packed up,so the timing of the Aldi could not of been better.

I bought one for exactly the same job. Winding the legs up and down if it goes flat halfway through the job, it hasn't yet) I will just resort to the winder no real hardship. I even find I am using it for other jobs arround the house. I think that these are a real bargain

For that price, you could buy two drills and it would still be cheaper than the other makes!

I bought a drill with 2 batteries for about the same price of these 2 from Screwfix, no way would I spend £70 on a steady drill

This is the drill I have

http://www. screwfix. com/p/titan-ttd272ddh-14-4v-1-5ah-ni-cd-cordless-drill-driver/36869

Edited by Arnie

That Screwfix one is Nicad - I've had 3 drills with those batteries over the last 12 years or so - all have failed. I've bought this Li-Ion one - http://www. screwfix. com/p/titan-tti526com-18v-1-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill/92980?_requestid=65146 which so far seems excellent.

That Screwfix one is Nicad - I've had 3 drills with those batteries over the last 12 years or so - all have failed. I've bought this Li-Ion one - http://www. screwfix. com/p/titan-tti526com-18v-1-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill/92980?_requestid=65146 which so far seems excellent.

Ni Cads on rechargeable kit is bad news, plus it's only 14. 4V, so will soon die.

Li-ion ones don't have a memory effect, so have a better life, and the extra oomph from 18V is noticeable.

Ni Cads on rechargeable kit is bad news, plus it's only 14. 4V, so will soon die.

Li-ion ones don't have a memory effect, so have a better life, and the extra oomph from 18V is noticeable.

How much oomph do u need to put steadies up and down ?

This does not apply to anyone who is infirm but for those that aren't, why would you want to buy and carry a drill for the steadies when you can manually wind them up and down. I look on this as bit of excercise while I'm away. I dont use lifts or escalators if I can help it either.

• 2 months later...

I have always used the hand winder but this tme at New Year rally I used a battery drill. Much faster and when the rain is bucketting down I don't mind being a wimp.

I have always used the hand winder but this tme at New Year rally I used a battery drill. Much faster and when the rain is bucketting down I don't mind being a wimp.

Another one sees sense! Next step for you is screw pegs for the awning, which you can also use the drill on. ...

Got a nice 18v li-ion hammer drill with two batteries from Wickes the other day . . half the price of their identical one with only one battery . . :rolleyes:

Got a nice 18v li-ion hammer drill with two batteries from Wickes the other day . . half the price of their identical one with only one battery . . :rolleyes:

Correction . . half normal price . . same price as identical drill with only one battery

This does not apply to anyone who is infirm but for those that aren't, why would you want to buy and carry a drill for the steadies when you can manually wind them up and down. I look on this as bit of excercise while I'm away. I dont use lifts or escalators if I can help it either.

I also use a lightweight cordless leg winder ;)

However I use a Makita cordless drill at home when I'm cleaning and re-greasing the legs

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)