Omni Vent Frame Loose.

ianp45

HI, I noticed the frame on the omnivent fan frame is loose at on end,I tried to tighten the two visible screws but both are tight.

I can move the frame up to the ceiling at one end,the other end is tight enough.

I would like to know if I take these two screws out I can access something behind the frame and secure it properly?

If anyone has any ideas and can post the answer it would be good.

Many thanks.

If I remember rightly :unsure:, I think the frame is held in with clips behind the screws.

Best do this on a warm(ish) day or put heating on/fan heater in caravan as cold platic is brittle and dont want to break anything.

Pull the side with the rotary knob on away from the omnivent but do keep it as close to the ceiling as poss (will have to come down a bit to clear the knob), this will release clips that side, then repeat for the other side. Took mine down to clean it all a month ago.

Thanks for that info. I presume I will need to remove the knob before taking down the frame or does it come away with the frame?

Thanks again.

No, the rotary knob remains in place, the frame has a hole in it to take the knob. Also meant to say the clips are only at the end with the knob and the opposite end, not down the sides.

For the rest of us, we would love some photos sometime, as I do not entirely understand how to do it.

And we may have to one day!

Meanwhile I will add the tag omnivent to the title to make this thread easier to find in the future with the search facility.

Thanks.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 5 months later...

At last I have secured the two loose screws holding the fan unit. probably left loose when the fan control was replaced under warranty.

Thanks to all for the advice in removing the outer part to gain access.