Draining Caravan Problem?

Hi All,

I am trying to drain my van. I have opened the lever to drain and about 1. 5 litres of water came out.

i think i have just drained the tap lines.

the book says to disconnect power for water pump (main switch or pump switch)

I havent got the van hooked up to electric at present.

Not sure if i have drained the water heater?

thanks in advance guys

Have you opened all the taps, you can also blow down the taps to make sure.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Have you opened all the taps, you can also blow down the taps to make sure.

Hi Paul I blew done the shower hose, i could hear air coming through the taps and when i did this more water came into the bucket below.

how much water usually comes out when drained ?

Hi,

Really depends on the length of the pipe runs, but when I drain down ours, I can get up to about three quaters of a litre out. I use a Floe drain down device which I think works well. nice knowing that the system really is empty!

Just blow til nothing else comes out! (except yer teeth! :D ) The hot water drain tap is

usually yellow

Just blow til nothing else comes out! (except yer teeth! :D ) The hot water drain tap is

usually yellow

Cheers. i will do that.

usually yellow

okay so i got about just over a litre of water so i think it should be well drained. the booklet says check that the water contents have been completely drained (10 litres) sounds odd i think

The water can drain down into the aquaroll if the non return valve has been leaking, quite a bit can be lost over time.

Paul B

The water can drain down into the aquaroll if the non return valve has been leaking, quite a bit can be lost over time.

its just the booklet says to make sure the system is completely empty (10 litres) i was thinking 10 litres was going to come out of it rather than about 1. 5

I would expect around ten litres from hot water tank and a further one or two litres from the pipework.

On our van I open the drain valve (adjacent to the hot water tank) and open the taps, all contents drain to ground directly from the drain valve. I also blow back down taps, one at a time. If more than one tap is open then any air you manage to blow in will take the path of least resitance which is likely to be out through any another open tap rather than pushing remaining water down to the drain.

:)

I would expect around ten litres from hot water tank and a further one or two litres from the pipework.

On our van I open the drain valve (adjacent to the hot water tank) and open the taps, all contents drain to ground directly from the drain valve. I also blow back down taps, one at a time. If more than one tap is open then any air you manage to blow in will take the path of least resitance which is likely to be out through any another open tap rather than pushing remaining water down to the drain.

:)

Yes i was expecting 10 litres i obviously havent drained the hot water tank and i am not sure how to. the instruction booklet says to disconnect power for water pump(main switch or pump switch to drain. dont know where to find the main switch?

How long is it since you had it connected to water, if it was only a couple of hours I'd expect the full amount to come out of the drain. If its been a while since you used it and you've suffered from water spluttering from the taps, then maybe its lost water see this link http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/109989-water-pumping-problem/

The switch for the pump should be near the voltage indicator light, the main switch is the master 12v switch near the door (probably near the door as I don't know where they are on your model).

Paul B