Bathroom Tap Unicorn Cadiz1

david82150

Can anyone tell me please how to get in the tap in the washroom.

It leaks from the middle.

Do I have to take the tap out to change the thing in it?

Looking in the back of the tap having removed the little blank I can't make out what the thing is in there. I suppose when that is removed the tap comes to bits.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

I have not done that particular one, but normally by taking a bung or red/blue indicator out an allen type grub screw is exposed, when removed it allows the chrome part to be removed, exposing a big brass nut

under which the innards live. Hang in there someone will come along who has knowledge of that tap in that caravan.

The tap is what is known as a ceramic mixer. Inside the tap body is the mixer cartridge and sounds like it will have to be replaced - about a tenner I think.

Remove the hot/cold red/blue plug and get an allen key in there to undo a grub screw that allows removal of the mixer handle. Then unscrew the chrome shroud - a soft wrench will prevent damage. The big nut it exposes is then removed - the mixer unit then lifts out.

This video (although not a caravan tap but very similar) might help

Not like that I'm afraid.

If it was I would be OK.

This one is square no obvious signs except at the rear of the upliftable bit there is a small cap which I removed.

Inside is what looks like a pin head I don't think it's an alan key or anything like that.

I tried pushing it down hoping to free the head of the tap but can't see I am doing any good.

Some how obviously it comes apart but I can't see how.

Sorry I don't know how to add a picture here but on the baily parts site it is item 1030193 and is nearly 100pounds!!!!

so needs fixing or changing for a cheaper tap if neccessary.

thanks

If it's the tap with just a single lever, I seem to remember this lever unscrews & allows you to get into the 'works' I turned a disc round on one of my house taps & another just took it apart & refitted it, seems it had a very small bit of grit, never did see it!

If it's the square tap then it was always my intention to change it for something a bit better, more style than substance IMO. I also fancied a more conventional sink, rather than the butler sink. Again not really practical as it used a lot more water than a conventional bowl. It was the only thing that I thought was a bit naff on our U1

Has no one any idea how to take this tap to bits?

I have the cartridge to change but still can't see how to take the tap to bits.

Will try taking the tap out but thought someone would know how to do it without removal.

Has no one any idea how to take this tap to bits?

I have the cartridge to change but still can't see how to take the tap to bits.

Will try taking the tap out but thought someone would know how to do it without removal.

PM me by the end of today, if my pm box is still active, attach an image of the tap in question and the ceramic cartridge you've purchased and if I have knowledge of the repair, I will try to respond.

Edited by Silverback

Finally got somewhere,

Bought the box spanner to take the tap out.

Managed then to undo the grub screw and take the tap to bits.

Unfortunately the cartridge supplied is 3. 5cm and this tap needs a 2. 5 so waiting for the new one to arrive.

What a shame we have gone from a 1penny washer to a 14 pound cartridge.

Looking at the reason for leaking it has a three ring washer and if I could be bothered after all this I would try putting it back with the original washer but upside down.

Might work especially if miles from anywhere.

Tried that in another tap as washers were not available, - lasted a short while then leaked again!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the smaller cartridge and now firing on all cylinders

thanks all