Caravanfinder.tv

I've just watched tonights episode and thought it was a rather dreary, boring effort. I'm well aware that this isn't a edge of your seat production, but come on. .

The show was filmed from the NEC, britains largest caravan and motorhome show and not a new model of either shown in the entire programme. :(

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

I've watched a couple of episodes and it is quite the most amateur production I've seen on UK television.

It's a one band band type of affair though isn't it. He uses a tripod, filming alone and so on. I just wish the definition of the recording was better. It's so blurry, barely SD, let alone HD.

Very cheap production, I record it every week and fast forward the big lodge's bit. Graham sounds like an ex presenter of play school, "Hello children and lets see what's through the round window today"... 😉

There's always the other one, Caravan Channel I think it's called. I've watched a few episodes of it too.

Must admit that I watch it every fortnight and find some articles interesting and let's face it there is little coverage of our pastime elsewhere on the TV. Also watch the Caravan Channel and Motorhome Channel.

Don't have any problems though with the quality of the picture, as mentioned earlier, and watch on channel 402 on FreeSat. Sometimes find the background music a bit dreary.

Most annoying thing for me is the number of times the presenter, Graham Powell, uses the word 'Stunning' when reviewing a caravan/motorhome !

Bill

Watched the MOTORHOME CHANEL last night, why do Andy Harris and now Nigel Donnelly try and promote antipathy between Motor homers and Caravanners? Surely we all just want to enjoy the out doors no matter what type of unit we use!

Caravanfinder TV sometimes can be OK, but it is basically an advertisement vehicle for the website.

Is the Caravan Channel back on after its break, its not too bad, but can mirror the magazine articles

There's always the other one, Caravan Channel I think it's called. I've watched a few episodes of it too.

I record them both, think I prefer the caravan channel. . Edited by gooney1971

Caravanfinder TV sometimes can be OK, but it is basically an advertisement vehicle for the website.

Is the Caravan Channel back on after its break, its not too bad, but can mirror the magazine articles

For the last few months the Caravan Channel and the Motorhome Channel have just been regurgitating articles filmed in the past on different shows. The first of the supposedly 'new' series started last night 9th November.

Bill

Caravan Channel and Motorhome Channel used to be shown every two weeks, one following the other. Noticed now they've decided to continue showing each "new" episode but the CC is on one Monday and MHC the following Monday - damn, will have to set recordings for two Mondays now :angry: .

Caravan Channel and Motorhome Channel used to be shown every two weeks, one following the other. Noticed now they've decided to continue showing each "new" episode but the CC is on one Monday and MHC the following Monday - damn, will have to set recordings for two Mondays now :angry: .

They were both on together last night as always.

Bill

I record them both, think I prefer the caravan channel. .

Same here Gooney, I suppose I find them a bit like a bad film really and keep watching just in case things get better.

Very poor production and he seems to think he needs to give his opinions on everything. Why cant he just point out features and leave the likes and dislikes to us. I find the programme unwatchable at times and when he was sat on the roof of a van this week, |I nearly wet myself.

There's one presenter on the Caravan Channel who has the most boring voice I think I've ever hear on TV. Forgotten his name, he always does actual caravan reviews and clasps his hands in front of himself. He's almost become amusing, such is his unorthodox presentation style.

There's one presenter on the Caravan Channel who has the most boring voice I think I've ever hear on TV. Forgotten his name, he always does actual caravan reviews and clasps his hands in front of himself. He's almost become amusing, such is his unorthodox presentation style.

Is this the guy who's 7' tall and always says how nice the beds are when he lies down on them lol? Or in fact he just sits up in them.

I actually quite like Caravanfinder. tv, I prefer it to the caravan channel.

We met Graham at the Scottish Caravan show in February, he was a really nice guy.

Is that the chap with the monotone voice and rectangular wire rimmed specs.

If he's the right one his name is Mike Le Caplain. :D

Many moons ago, think it was the caravan channel there was a skinny chap, glasses. Use to present, had a wife two girls. Think he came across better, and use to have a laugh and a joke. Try out different caravans and layouts, don't get me wrong I think Graham is a lovely chap. Just stop talking to us as if we are school children. .. 😉

Is that the chap with the monotone voice and rectangular wire rimmed specs.

If he's the right one his name is Mike Le Caplain. :D

That's the one.

For the last few months the Caravan Channel and the Motorhome Channel have just been regurgitating articles filmed in the past on different shows. The first of the supposedly 'new' series started last night 9th November.

Bill

Thanks for that. Set to record last night but will not series link for some reason.

I used to like the Motorhome Channel more when Andy Harris used to do more reviews, rather than the role he has now as just a link to other items.

They have another annoying presenter who moves his hands around all the time but cannot recall his name

We call him fatman.

Did you see that episode where he stepped inside a caravan, the roof was that low that his head was pushed into the ceiling, but he carried on like a robot with his spiel.

Wife and I laughed that much that it started my reflux off, I couldn't stop coughing for half an hour.

That man never smiles and clasps his hands like he's a nervous wreck, I'm sure he thinks he looks professional but to us he is risible.

Edited by xtrailman

Maybe they should get some of the "cast" of channel 5's "Carry on caravanning" to present the odd show. :D

Do you remember the "interim period" where the caravan channel auditioned for new presenters? The resulting "successful" candidates were appalling; a sort of Hammer House of Caravans. It was after this that the Practical caravan team took over I think. An era best forgotten.

I agree about Graham Powell; a thoroughly nice guy. Talked to him for ages at the NEC show.

So, in retrospect, things could be far worse and at least there is some coverage of the topic on TV.