Credit Where Credit Is Due.

Hector69

We unfortunately seem to live in an age where customer after sales service is very much hit or miss. As an example a Christmas pressie last year of a toolbox set bought from a well known motor accessories store, it came with a lifetime guarantee! I had a problem with one of the items in it and when I tried to claim a replacement I was told (sorry sir it has moving parts so is not covered by the warranty) no doubt lost in small print somewhere. So step forward POWERTOUCH TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT . I had a problem with my mover which is well out of warranty. I explained my problem on the phone and was given the advice on how to fix it. I was given sound advice also on routine maintainance and general care of my mover. All this was done in a very friendly and helpful manner. I have nothing but praise for the service I have received from them both under warranty and outwith. So take a bow gentlemen and keep up the good work.

I agree with the very good after service, help and advice from PowrTouch. I am sure it has paid dividends for them over time. I have had a similar experience with Truma. Only today I called their tech dept with a query.

We all have horror stories, but I can't say I share your experiences of bad practice generally.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I can vouch for Truma as well. Had a faulty motor gearbox on our mover which will be 5 years old in January. Sent the old one off last week and today we received a replacement unit. Just need drier weather now to refit it.

I have a mk1 powrtouch and the grit started to come off one of the rollers, so I phoned powrtouch to ask how much they were, she gave me a price but when it came to my name and address she came back with " I have your details here and you've still got a few days warrantee left, I'll send you a pair and if you can't fit them yourself I'll send a fitter" I assured her I could fit them and thanked her. :)

The rollers must have been from a faulty batch and not pre-treated properly as the replacements have been on about 9 years and are still ok. ...touch wood :huh:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

[smug] As a Reich user for 10 years I feel distraught that I have not needed to use their support service at all[/smug]

[smug] As a Reich user for 10 years I feel distraught that I have not needed to use their support service at all[/smug]

Oooooo, hope this hasn't jinxed you now!

• 1 month later...

Happy days i have just received my Reich mover to fit myself and if i get 10 years trouble free I will be well satisfied.