Tracker Service

david82150

Message added by CT Advertising,

logoPhantom250px.pngSecure and reliable tracking system for caravan, motor home and car owners. High-quality security at affordable prices, tailored to your specific needs. Find out more

Just got a Unicorn Cadiz 1.

No alarm Fobs with it but it has a none transferable subscription.

Spoke to Tracker who say that it is active but the battery is not very good.

It will need a service visit at a cost of 149 pounds, don't know if this includes providing the fobs as well or are they extra.

I thought this thing was hidden and none serviceable.

Help please. x

We got two fobs with our mark 1 when new. They should have been with the van I would have thought. There were reports that with so few combinations to this particular system that you could end up setting a nearby van. We never experienced this so can't comment. If you want it i would be bargaining with them to get new fobs thrown in. As for hidden not saying where but took me 5 mins to find mine.

Hi Alan,

so does it have battery's that need a service visit?

Yes - it has a built-in back up battery that keeps it going in the case of the van battery going flat. AFAIK it's not user replaceable although I never had mine apart to find out. In theory the van battery should keep it in good nick, but if you disconnect the van battery it finishes it off quite quicky

To be honest I don't think I'd bother. We had a Madrid 1, paid for the extras subs, then sold the van a couple of years later so lost out as the subs aren't transferable. The Alarm was OK (you do need the fobs for that to work) but the one time I forgot to unset it, it took around half an hour and 25 miles down the road before they notified me.

I've not yet seen an insurance company that gives a large enough discount to compensate for the cost of a tracker and subs.

I am waiting to see what difference our insurance will be when we change the 546 to the Ancona.

The 546 has an alarm and tracker plus wheel lock and hitch lock where as the Ancona will only have hitch and wheel lock. If it makes a big difference to the premium then I will consider an alarm / tracker if not then I won't bother.

Mike

Looking at the costs and lack of police it sounds as if a good alarm with pir and tilt will be as good as anything.

Any recomendations please?

I've not yet seen an insurance company that gives a large enough discount to compensate for the cost of a tracker and subs.

True. :)

Also, as many forum members have pointed out when the subject of trackers has been brought up on previous occasions, you must ask yourself if you would want your caravan back if it were stolen. You may not know who has been using it and what condition you would get it back in. :unsure:

True. :)

Also, as many forum members have pointed out when the subject of trackers has been brought up on previous occasions, you must ask yourself if you would want your caravan back if it were stolen. You may not know who has been using it and what condition you would get it back in. :unsure:

I have tracker and paid the lifetimes subscription, in hindsight and with the current insurance discounts I wouldn't have bothered.

If I was you though, I would try to obtain the alarm fobs, if just to activate the already fitted interior alarm. At least that will give you some security ;)

Edited by Silverback

Thanks all for your help on this Iam going to get a decent alarm system to do all Ican without being taken advantage of by various offers and certainly not paying out for an ongoing subscription.

As said previously who would want it bck if it was stolen.

Thanks again

Thanks all for your help on this Iam going to get a decent alarm system to do all Ican without being taken advantage of by various offers and certainly not paying out for an ongoing subscription.

As said previously who would want it bck if it was stolen.

Thanks again

Then why don't you get two alarm fobs replacements and use the alarm already fitted to the caravan . . You don't have to pay tracker at all to use the alarm.

Edited by Silverback

Then why don't you get two alarm fobs replacements and use the alarm already fitted to the caravan . . You don't have to pay tracker at all to use the alarm.

I have a Sergeants alarm on the Lunar. When one of the fobs went faulty I contacted them and they said we will sort it but send the alarm box as well and both fobs. as we will need to synchronise the new fob to the alarm unit. (Why they required the good fob I have no idea but they did replace the battery in that one).

Hi Silverback, where would I get the fobs? and who would synic them to the alarm?

First question there is who made the alarm? Is there a name on the alarm box?

You might try Bailey, although If I recollect it correctly from when I had my U1 Madrid, they came from Tracker themselves. But either your dealer or Bailey should be your first port of call. As far as I remember additional fobs were around £30-40 each. I've just had a look on the Bailey part website and they don't have them listed.

Firstly though, I'd ask the dealer from whom you bought the van why they weren't there in the first place and ask him to provide them unless he gave you a discount because they were misiing

Edited by matelodave

Hi Silverback, where would I get the fobs? and who would synic them to the alarm?

Tracker . ... http://www. trackerdirect. co. uk Tel: 0845 604 6039

Or as said try your dealer first. The fobs self code, I cant remember the exact sequence to press, but tracker will give you the instructions.

Edited by Silverback

Tracker . ... http://www. trackerdirect. co. uk Tel: 0845 604 6039

Or as said try your dealer first. The fobs self code, I cant remember the exact sequence to press, but tracker will give you the instructions.

We have a phantom tracker and as above when we had a problem with the alarm due to a faulty fob which kept turning the alarm on and off it wasn't Phantom that was the contact. I said it was sergeant in my post above. Must be old age as for our alarm it was Keen Electronics. Personally I would contact a Bailey dealer's Service shop and ask them who to contact if you don't have the paperwork. I expect that it depends on the age etc of the van inasmuch as different years may have different suppliers for the actual alarm unit. As a point of interest I contacted (Malcolm?) Keen and he told me how to remove the alarm box. A new system was £150 and when I asked how much to insure for was told £100 for the control box and fobs was more than enough. To turn it on and off there is a generic key on the box and so one fitted all.

Although our van is fitted with a phantom tracking system the actual alarm box and fobs were supplied by a different manufacturer.

So unless someone knows better if it is the alarm that you are talking about it might not be phantom

We have a phantom tracker and as above when we had a problem with the alarm due to a faulty fob which kept turning the alarm on and off it wasn't Phantom that was the contact. I said it was sergeant in my post above. Must be old age as for our alarm it was Keen Electronics. Personally I would contact a Bailey dealer's Service shop and ask them who to contact if you don't have the paperwork. I expect that it depends on the age etc of the van inasmuch as different years may have different suppliers for the actual alarm unit. As a point of interest I contacted (Malcolm?) Keen and he told me how to remove the alarm box. A new system was £150 and when I asked how much to insure for was told £100 for the control box and fobs was more than enough. To turn it on and off there is a generic key on the box and so one fitted all.

Although our van is fitted with a phantom tracking system the actual alarm box and fobs were supplied by a different manufacturer.

So unless someone knows better if it is the alarm that you are talking about it might not be phantom

On that year of caravan it was "Tacker Monitor"

Last year Tracker contacted me and asked if they could replace the back up battery to my Tracker. They were testing the condition of the battery for its life span. The OP could also contact independent Tracker fitters to replace a key fob, but its just as easy to deal with Tracker direct.

With the Tracker that's already fitted, the OP has the PIR and a movement sensor and obviously the siren, so if the fobs are not to expensive you have a half decent alarm but without the Tracker facility.

Edited by Silverback

On that year of caravan it was "Tacker Monitor"

Last year Tracker contacted me and asked if they could replace the back up battery to my Tracker. They were testing the condition of the battery for its life span. The OP could also contact independent Tracker fitters to replace a key fob, but its just as easy to deal with Tracker direct.

With the Tracker that's already fitted, the OP has the PIR and a movement sensor and obviously the siren, so if the fobs are not to expensive you have a half decent alarm but without the Tracker facility.

Different situation maybe. On our 2012 Lunar the PIR sensor, siren, battery disconnect, fobs etc, etc is part of the Keen Electronics Alarm system. The Phantom tracker kit is simply a means of transferring the alarms from the Alarm system to Phantom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for help with this.

I eventually found the previous owner of our van and got one fob from them.

I then bought another one from Bailey and followed the programming I had been told and it works good.

I needed two in case we lost one lot of keys and had the alarm set!!!

• 1 month later...

Our Madrid was new in October 2016. I've just renewed the tracker subscription for 12 months because I think our insurers have given us discount. Interested to ad about the alarm system. I wasn't aware we have an alarm. Is it hidden? Does it need activating and if so how ? We have 2 keys but no alarm fob so I may need to ask the dealer.

Wow you must have taken early delivery of that one,things at Bailey are looking up ;)

Unicorn 3 doesn't come with an alarm,if you want one it would need to be retro-fitted.

Ian

Thanks, yes I just checked the manuals and see that it's not included. I'm not sure I'll be getting one retro-fitted either though.

alas my alarm/tracker runs the caravan battery flat in about 3 weeks, so either theres a fault or it is just that at 6 years old almost the internal battery is dead and drains the leisure one whilst trying to recharge itself. ...

alas my alarm/tracker runs the caravan battery flat in about 3 weeks, so either theres a fault or it is just that at 6 years old almost the internal battery is dead and drains the leisure one whilst trying to recharge itself. ...

Got similar trouble with mine. Tracker not renewed after first year (that’s another story!) but alarm still in use. Have asked, unsuccessfully, for info re disconnecting the internal battery several times. Can't even see where it is. Someone must be able/willing to tell me but I haven't found them yet LOL.

HEEEELLLLP!!!!!