Horrendous Weather!

mayblossom

Heavy rain all night with dreadful winds! Take care anyone towing this morning! There's a motorhome on the next pitch with a collapsed air awning and think they're still in bed and haven't seen it yet :( we're heading home today and am so pleased we leave the van here.

Meant to say we're in Glastonbury so may just be the south west that is really bad :(

Not just the South West mayblossom, fairly windy here in the East Mids.

Safe trip home.

Winds not bad here. ..but heavy heavy rain.

NYCC Fireworks Rally this weekend near Richmond. ...no bonfires now . ....we are at home.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Hi mayblossom, It looks like you will traveling with the weather as it is moving West to East.

Here in Kent it's wet but no winds YET.

Safe journey.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

The wind is really picking up in my part of Kent but no rain yet this morning.

Grey old day and it is pouring it down, have to go out to collect some items from Screwfix.

What is the saying " No bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"

I'll get my coat, the waterproof one.

We're sitting it out for an hour to see if it calms down ( don't like to think of hubby getting blown away when he empties the loo ;) ) can't remember the caravan ever rocking like this! Hehe :)

Just nearly became airborne here when out with the dog. Bursts of heavy rain too. Glad I thought to put waterproofs head to toe. He loved it of course! :rolleyes:

Oh dear, a nice sunny day here 24C light breeze, breakfast outside this morning, forecast to be dry but colder by next weekend. B) Nos

Heavy rain all night with dreadful winds! Take care anyone towing this morning! There's a motorhome on the next pitch with a collapsed air awning and think they're still in bed and haven't seen it yet :( we're heading home today and am so pleased we leave the van here. Meant to say we're in Glastonbury so may just be the south west that is really bad :(

We go to the Oaks tomorrow. Just off to pick up the van from storage. Weather improving this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be better but bad weather hitting Glastonbury around 6. Will be all set up by then.

Sorry to hear of your neighbours awning. (Did it recover)? One of the reasons we are going is to test out our new Bradcot air. Seems it will be a hell of a test.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

We been at Cherry Hinton for the past week and it's not ever so nice - a bit breezy but very very wet. We are camped out there for the next couple of weeks, home for the obligatory CC tow-off and then back for another three weeks, tow-off and then another week.

Makes it a lot easier than driving down to Addenbrookes every day for eight weeks - we can walk it there and get the bus back. Gives us the opportunity to visit the piccies and go to the theatre as well.

We hope its a lot better tomorrow, we are towing from Axminster to Portsmouth Docks. Then on to Bilbao.

We're currently staying at Lincoln park camping and caravan site in Oxfordshire, just about had rain every day. ... But hasn't spoilt our time away at all, now sitting in a local pub The greyhound waiting for a spot of lunch 😊

Just returned from a very wet week at Rowleys Farm in Hereford. Mud about 4 inches deep! Car

and caravan plastered, so will be busy next week!

It's not just the UK. Last weekend was horrendous here in Spain, high winds and monsoon scale rain all finished off with a spectacular thunderstorm. However, since then it has been fabulous. Temps in the 20’s, no wind, constant sunshine and brilliant blue skies so maybe there is hope for you yet although I doubt it!

We go to the Oaks tomorrow. Just off to pick up the van from storage. Weather improving this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be better but bad weather hitting Glastonbury around 6. Will be all set up by then.

Sorry to hear of your neighbours awning. (Did it recover)? One of the reasons we are going is to test out our new Bradcot air. Seems it will be a hell of a test.

John

Hope you manage to get set up before the bad weather John, at least the pitches are well drained and level. The air awning was still in a state of collapse when we left as the wind was too bad to try and do anything about it, hopefully it'll get sorted this afternoon when the weather improves. Good luck with your Bradcot, I'm sure it'll be fine. The pitch you're on is quite sheltered so should be ok :) we're back home now and already missing the Old Oaks, long time till March 4th :(

Enjoy yourself and let us know how you get on :)

Hope you manage to get set up before the bad weather John, at least the pitches are well drained and level. The air awning was still in a state of collapse when we left as the wind was too bad to try and do anything about it, hopefully it'll get sorted this afternoon when the weather improves. Good luck with your Bradcot, I'm sure it'll be fine. The pitch you're on is quite sheltered so should be ok :) we're back home now and already missing the Old Oaks, long time till March 4th :(

Enjoy yourself and let us know how you get on :)

Thanks, looking forward to visiting the Haynes motor museum, not been there for years, I know there is Yoevilton but done that a lot and just dragged Marj around Cosford a couple of weeks ago. Nice to find indoor things for the anticipated bad weather. Open to ideas. We are members of English Heritage but not much in that area. I know I will have to go to Street.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Now Street is a must ;) especially in rough weather! Don't forget the walk up to the Tor if the weather calms down, you can walk straight from the site :) The information room has loads of leaflets of good places to eat, certain ones have money off deals for Old Oaks customers. Nice pool table in there too :) Lots of books to borrow. You could go to Wells for the cathedral if you haven't been. Glastonbury is great for people watching, you could be back in the sixties ! Hehe :) A few National trust houses but not sure what times they are open over the winter months, we were going to Dunster castle but it closed the weekend we arrived! If you're into your cider there's lots of quirky little cider places to visit where they make their own, Rich's, Wilkins, Burrowhill, Hecks, Orchard Pig, Thatchers. ... you can tell my other half likes his cider ;)

Now Street is a must ;) especially in rough weather! Don't forget the walk up to the Tor if the weather calms down, you can walk straight from the site :) The information room has loads of leaflets of good places to eat, certain ones have money off deals for Old Oaks customers. Nice pool table in there too :) Lots of books to borrow. You could go to Wells for the cathedral if you haven't been. Glastonbury is great for people watching, you could be back in the sixties ! Hehe :) A few National trust houses but not sure what times they are open over the winter months, we were going to Dunster castle but it closed the weekend we arrived! If you're into your cider there's lots of quirky little cider places to visit where they make their own, Rich's, Wilkins, Burrowhill, Hecks, Orchard Pig, Thatchers. ... you can tell my other half likes his cider ;)

Understand what you mean about Glastonbury, we have been quite a lot over the years. I'm afraid my back wont let me climb the Tor. Love cider, but it gives me indigestion, I will sample the local bitter though. at least it is supposed to remain mild.

Thanks, John

temperature has plummeted to 24C seriously thinking about getting a vest out.

I,m sure it will warm up again soon. The strength of the pound is wonderful everything is so cheap.

The boss said it,s just as cheap to eat out as eat at home.

Ah well back to the factor 15. :D;)

Nick, you will have to be careful. There isn't much room left in the nostrils of folk back in good old Blighty!

Well Nick, after reading that, I'm off down the pub for a pint of warm hand pulled real ale to beat the grey sky blues.

Enjoy the Spanish sun.

Been raining off and on heavy all day then around 3pm the wind really got up and the rain was lashing for a good while! Still windy now but settled a bit for now.

Compass Shadow 1988

Traveled from Gloucester to the the Old Oakes at midday. Very mild, just breezy and a few showers.

Lovely site. See why it is liked so much.

My only comment which is true of far too many commercial and club sites, is having to park in front of the van. I see enough of my car, would rather see the view.

The place is well organised, spotless, friendly and caring.

John

Edited by JCloughie