Motor Mover

riding75

afternoon all

Wondered if I could ask for recommendations on movers for my elddis 524 single axle (2003 model)

Its a mine field - looking for middle of the road pricing and i don't know the difference between auto or manual

my van would be stored against a wall/hedgerow so no real access down one side

many thanks

Powrtouch 3 manual operated can be applied from either side of the caravan, you can buy from Catterick Caravans on line for £599 if you wish to fit yourself. Has 4 speed control and 5 year guarantee. I previously had one of the cheaper makes but you encounter problems if you need spares. Can recommend Powrtouch value for money.

Powrtouch 110% satisfied with warranty service.

I have the automatic and would recommend the extra money.

Have read in Forum about using non approved fitting/suppliers and warranty problems about unit not being registered with Powrtouch for 5 year warranty.

Powrtouch for me too. Mine is the older manual type and has to be manually applied from both sides. That is no good for you as you realise.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Manual Powrtouch with the cross-actuator so it can be operated (manually) from either side. I think when I had mine they were throwing the the cross-actuator in for nothing anyway.

Have never used the support services but rumour has it they are excellent.

Powrtouch on two previous 'vans. .....great to deal with 'on the ground' and super service support.

Present 'van has Purpleline Enduro, similar but support does cost. ...and it is slower too.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I think Powrtouch are supplied with the cross actuator as standard now.

The difference between automatic and manual is that with the automatic you engage the rollers by pressing a button on the remote, but the manual you do it with a wrench on the side of the motor.

Like you, mine is against a hedge.

For that reason, I won't entertain an automatic model because if it fails, I have no means of getting the rollers on or off the tyres.

With the cross actuation bar, access is only needed on one side so works well.

For that reason, I won't entertain an automatic model because if it fails, I have no means of getting the rollers on or off the tyres.

With the cross actuation bar, access is only needed on one side so works well.

Very good point. With the auto version (which I have), you do have to be able to get to the motor to wind off manually so maybe manual would be better in your situation - and less costly