Vigo Tv Position

fordsmaxer

I was of the same view and have now installed a bracket and associated wiring trickery to the side panel of the fridge.

If I can find some pics I'll stick 'em up ;)

Thought I ought to say - if you do like the mod, don't try to fit the bracket without installing some additional bearers to take the weight.

Using a 'multi-cutter', I cut away a strip of veneer from inside the top cupboard and put some additional wood into the panel cavity, securely held in place with PVA and then the bracket bolts.

For the wiring (I installed TV cable, 12v and 240v), plenty of room under the door threshold and into the space at the rear of the fridge. Run them up from there, you'll find it easier to fit the sockets if you remove the solar panel controller and its mounting. Once cabling is done, refit it and you'd hardly know anything was there.

PS. Alway remove TV before travelling ;)

Edited by maplecottage

Thanks for info, very neat job, it's given us something to think about. What size is TV by the way? And is the viewing angle OK?

Once more many thanks.

It's a 22" - perhaps a touch larger than necessary but the only size I could find with 12v and the DVD option. It also does USB time shift / recording :D .

Viewing angle is fine and very much what we are used to as our previous van (Senator 6 California) had the tv in a similar position.