Two Mills Versus Delphbank?

Yep been to both. For starters there's not a lot around Fleet Hargate but there's a whole lot around N Walsham including a good pub in staggering distance from 2 Mills.

Delphbank has beautifully tended gardens/borders etc and the owners are obviously immensely proud and rightly so - plenty of room. Two Mills has really good pitches but some less so but still fine. If I only had the 2 available for the next hol it would be Two Mills.

I should add that my preference is significantly influenced by my love of the Norfolk coast and area.

Edited by SamD

Stayed at both in 2012 on our Progress round East Anglia.

Delph is an odd set up in that it's basically someone's back garden with gravel pitches, but the facilities were excellent. Not a lot around there but we managed. Mrs SDA found out some of her ancestors came from a nearby town and we spent some time graveyard bashing as well as trips to Boston and Spalding. The A17 runs nearby and can be busy with heavy wagons dragging sprouts south.

Two Mills is in the bowl of a disused quarry, with a dog walk around the rim. The facilities were a bit run down and in need of rebuilding. Certainly no comparison with The Old Oaks. It's very near North Walsham and there are loads of places of interest all around.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Stayed at both in 2012 on our Progress round East Anglia.

Delph is an odd set up in that it's basically someone's back garden with gravel pitches, but the facilities were excellent. Not a lot around there but we managed. Mrs SDA found out some of her ancestors came from a nearby town and we spent some time graveyard bashing as well as trips to Boston and Spalding. The A17 runs nearby and can be busy with heavy wagons dragging sprouts south.

Two Mills is in the bowl of a disused quarry, with a dog walk around the rim. The facilities were a bit run down and in need of rebuilding. Certainly no comparison with The Old Oaks. It's very near North Walsham and there are loads of places of interest all around.[/

So if you were visiting north norfolk, where would you stay? Are there any other adult only sites?

I couldn't recommend anywhere else as they're the only two sites we've stayed on over there. However there are masses of sites in the area, though I'm not sure how many are adult only. Two Mills is pleasant enough but just hadn't had the capital invested that TOO has or the high ratio of staff to guests.

Just to expand on that last remark, Two Mills has a staff ratio of about 4 to 81 pitches, say 20:1, which is probably about average for a UK site.

TOO has James and Tara the managers, three warden couples, a cleaning couple and a gardener. That's 11 staff to 100 pitches, or 9:1 and it shows in the level of service and care of the site. Oddly, although TOO charge a bit more than most for pitches I wouldn't say that the premium was high enough to cover their additional costs compared to 'lesser' sites. Which means either they're generating higher occupancy through better service levels, or that other sites are overcharging for what they provide in comparison.

Haven't been to either Lozzy so can't comment. There's an adult only CL ( if you're a member if the CC) Old Brick Kilns. .but it's very expensive and gets booked up quickly, looks very nice but it's set within a commercial site. And think another is calked Poppy fields, was a 12 van site, again adult only. Not sure what standard of facilities you're wanting though :) Both sites are in Norfolk . Love Norfolk :)

Haven't been to either Lozzy so can't comment. There's an adult only CL ( if you're a member if the CC) Old Brick Kilns. .but it's very expensive and gets booked up quickly, looks very nice but it's set within a commercial site. And think another is calked Poppy fields, was a 12 van site, again adult only. Not sure what standard of facilities you're wanting though :) Both sites are in Norfolk . Love Norfolk :)

Initially we want an all singing all dancing to make life easier for us, then as we get used to caravanning I think we will be ok with giving something up to experience other things. We both can be a bit " hyacinth Bouquet" at times so don't want to ruin our first long holiday over something that we later think was stupid . We are looking at Eye Kettleby lakes for a few days at the beginning of next year, as that is quite local . But our main love IS norfolk, so I'm just browsing round for options in the main season . Were not fussed about pools clubs etc and we have two dogs, so any pointers would be welcome ( pardon the pun) also no kids ( we've had four between us and want some peace!!)

When you have grown out of the song and dance routine (!) try Sheringwood CL at Beeston Regis which has lovely views and is handy for the village pub at West Runton

Used 2 mills when it was Pampas but they changed to adults only and we had kids. Like an earlier poster we also love Norfolk, Coast and Broads.

We found Bureside near Thurne and we liked it. Its not an Adults only site but its big and usually not that busy. We continued to go there after the kids stopped coming with us. Its the only site I know of that next to a River and you can walk along the river to the Lion Pub in Thurne. .........or theres another path thats a bit less fraught in the dark with a drink or two inside you.

There is also a CL in Thurne also next to the Staithe so you can fish. Its called Red House Farm. Theres another CL at Womack Water that is also on the River. Made a note of both in case Bureside was full but never needed either.

Used 2 mills when it was Pampas but they changed to adults only and we had kids. Like an earlier poster we also love Norfolk, Coast and Broads.

We found Bureside near Thurne and we liked it. Its not an Adults only site but its big and usually not that busy. We continued to go there after the kids stopped coming with us. Its the only site I know of that next to a River and you can walk along the river to the Lion Pub in Thurne. .........or theres another path thats a bit less fraught in the dark with a drink or two inside you.

There is also a CL in Thurne also next to the Staithe so you can fish. Its called Red House Farm. Theres another CL at Womack Water that is also on the River. Made a note of both in case Bureside was full but never needed either.

Thanks !!

I'm looking at them now