Holding Up Single Beds In Cadiz

david82150

I wonder if anyone has found a good solution to holding up the single beds while rummaging underneath.

I am looking at struts of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sawn off broomstick handle.

The gas struts (hopefully) fitted to the beds should hold them up by themselves ( at least they do on our Valencia ). If you have the struts, I would get then looked at by your local Bailey dealer as they have been known to fail.

The gas struts hold out fixed bedup on the Cartagena no probs.

The bed struts are 350Nm and only hold the bed up without bedding. You need to send them away and have them pumped up to 400Nm then they will stay up with bedding on.

I've noticed ours on the Rimini will stay up without bedding, but put a Duvalay on top and it's a struggle.

Where do you get them 'beefed up'?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Thanks guys for the information. I will probably find two additional ones to fit in the middle as an aid and then manage to look under without having the bed fall on me.

Just seen this item number on eBay 171965354679, @ £16. 50 + postage each. I don't know whether this is a good price, but adding individual postage comes to £24 each!

Mrs AE.

Who am I kidding, they just rest on my head. There has to be something it can be used for.

The gas struts hold out fixed bedup on the Cartagena no probs.

Our's does without bedding, but not with bedding. I'm interested in getting the struts beefed up if I could get info.

The following company appear to manufacture the gas struts used by Bailey and offer a complete upgrade, replacement or re-gassing service.

http://www. sgs-engineering. com/gas-struts

Ours stay up with bedding fitted and the odd handbag and coat as well.

If your Cadiz is a S3 you should not have a problem. There were problems on the S1 Unicorns were the struts sometimes needed replacement.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I think the easy answer was suggested earlier.

I now have an ajustable lockable broom handle living in the locker.

Propped up and twisted at the right height works atreat and cost me nothing.

Ours stay up on their own with the bedding on

The beds in our S3 Cadiz stay up on their own with the bedding fitted no problem