Replacememt Key For Front Storage Locker

Spiritfree

hi

i havent got the key for my front storage locker. it looks like it is a standard key. a circular type key.

can anybody tell me if i can get a replacement key for this.

i am able to open and close it as the whole part you put the key in turns and turns the latch at the back.

hopefully somebody can help.

Elddis odyssey 524 year 2003

You should be able to get a key from any caravan shop, they're pretty much a universal fit, unfortunately

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Not followed how you are able to open and close it without the key.

On my caravans one key operated all the locks of my caravan, are yours different?

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

On my caravans one key operated all the locks of my caravan, are yours different?

A lot of older vans have separate front locker keys (and toilet compartment key)

They sound the same type as in my old '94 Fleetwood, it's a circular key in a round housing so if the assembly is loose, you can unlock the locker by turning the whole affair round.

This was the norm for us until recently, the "single key does all" is an absolute revelation on our "modern" 'van!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add for the OP; As above, widely available at caravan shops.

Edited by Panter

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

The wet locker and the gas lockers use the same key as the main door, the front locker, the gas locker uses a universal gas locker key, I've just found a picture on a well know auction site

mFgDDk5lqNb8qHUxaQUJ2bg.jpg

• Like 1

Paul B

The wet locker and the gas lockers use the same key as the main door, the front locker, the gas locker uses a universal gas locker key, I've just found a picture on a well know auction site

Well this one then.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/GAS-LOCKER-KEY-UNIVERSAL-CARAVAN-CAMPING-ACCESSORIES-/370595233389

Order 2 of those quoting your key number of you door and other lockers, description says he matcvhes up pairs.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

it is a different type of key it looks like its a circular key. the actual key socket turns around and the latch at the back turns as it does this

Well this one then.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/GAS-LOCKER-KEY-UNIVERSAL-CARAVAN-CAMPING-ACCESSORIES-/370595233389

Order 2 of those quoting your key number of you door and other lockers, description says he matcvhes up pairs.

where do you get the key number?

yes Paul exactly like that. thanks that is terrific. is it a universal key then?

A lot of older vans have separate front locker keys (and toilet compartment key)

They sound the same type as in my old '94 Fleetwood, it's a circular key in a round housing so if the assembly is loose, you can unlock the locker by turning the whole affair round.

This was the norm for us until recently, the "single key does all" is an absolute revelation on our "modern" 'van!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add for the OP; As above, widely available at caravan shop

thanks a million. i will get 2 of these

thanks john

Yes its a universal key, when you get one your fitting may require tightening, there's a nut at the back

Paul B