The Euro Rate

. ..is creeping up again.

I don't bother with a Caxton Card or similar as the rate is worse than the interbank Visa/Mastercard rate, but my friend is overseas with his N&P fee free debit card and has kindly withdrawn another €300 for me today.

Might as well get a few cheap. Next years foreign trips are pre booked ferry wise, and costed out at 1. 35, so everything above is wine money!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Wise thinking!

Ferry paid for, main site for 30 plus nights paid for!

Just need to top up the euro drawer in the caravan!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Just got back from a trip on Eurostar to Brussels. One of the transactions came in at an exchange rate of 1. 40.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Just purchased our euros @ €1. 39 to a pound from Travelux.

Spain seems cheaper than last winter thanks to the exchange rate, I note it is 1. 41 this morning.

Yes predictions have been for a while(yes I know guesses) that it would creep up again towards ene of this year and maybe settle back down in new year so as you say may well be worthwhile fixing a few bigger bills like site fees for next year by locking in now

Topped up my Camping Cks Gold Card via French website which means I have 4 years to use them and Euros for the ACSI ones.

I use a combo of ACSI & Camping Cks depending which sites around where we want to stop.

^

I

^

I

Visa 1. 3957 at this moment

Edit: Who sets the time at 05. 22PM on this forum???? :ph34r: It's should be either 5. 55pm or 17. 52 :unsure:

Edited by beejay

Topped up my Camping Cks Gold Card via French website which means I have 4 years to use them and Euros for the ACSI ones.

I use a combo of ACSI & Camping Cks depending which sites around where we want to stop.

I wonder if there will be any Camping Cheque Sites left in 3/4 years time Alan they are dwindling fast.

Jodl in Austria certainly will be one that won't be taking them they closed down for good in Mid September and have retired.

Dianne

Edited by snooks

My mate has got me another 300!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.