E & P Auto Self Levelling / Caravan Level System

sleepyfolk

Popped up to Tiverton to Courtside Conversions to have the E&P CaravanLevel system fitted, good service by them by the way.

Just in case anyone is wondering how good it is I thought I'd pop my thoughts on here.

We stay on grass so just need to slip our planks under the axle Rams before starting.

It's quick, responsive and takes no time at all to jack up one side for wheel lock fitting.

Press the auto level button and in a minute the van is level.

We are out in the winter and the van feels a lot more stable and solid, I'm hoping for some gale force winds to try it out but I suspect it will feel a lot more planted.

I know it's not cheap but if you are suffering from any ailments that make levelling, lock fitting, jacking, etc a real pain as opposed to just a mental pain then this system is a fantastic way of relieving some of that hassle. We are over the moon with it and I'd highly recommend it.

Funnily enough I found a video of this system on youtube a few weeks ago, it looks absolutely fantastic.

I did have a quick Google for some prices. ..before rapidly losing interest!

But, to be fair, my interest was purely for laziness sake, and my love of automation. But, if I had any health issues that meant pitching/leveling etc were a problem then I'd certainly be very tempted by it from what I saw on the video.

Popped up to Tiverton to Courtside Conversions to have the E&P CaravanLevel system fitted, good service by them by the way.

Just in case anyone is wondering how good it is I thought I'd pop my thoughts on here.

We stay on grass so just need to slip our planks under the axle Rams before starting.

It's quick, responsive and takes no time at all to jack up one side for wheel lock fitting.

Press the auto level button and in a minute the van is level.

We are out in the winter and the van feels a lot more stable and solid, I'm hoping for some gale force winds to try it out but I suspect it will feel a lot more planted.

I know it's not cheap but if you are suffering from any ailments that make levelling, lock fitting, jacking, etc a real pain as opposed to just a mental pain then this system is a fantastic way of relieving some of that hassle. We are over the moon with it and I'd highly recommend it.

I had a look on their stand at the NEC and must say I was surprised by the small footprint of the axle rams compared to the steady footprint.

Edited by chrisbee

I had a look on their stand at the NEC and must say I was surprised by the small footprint of the axle rams compared to the steady footprint.

Quite why they haven't welded a pair of 2' X 1' feet on it I'm not sure, guess they must think most motorhomes and caravans are on hardstanding I suppose

Quite why they haven't welded a pair of 2' X 1' feet on it I'm not sure, guess they must think most motorhomes and caravans are on hardstanding I suppose

Yes, that would be an easy solution. Wonder why they don't do it? Having to scramble about under the 'van with planks of wood seems a nonsense after spending good money on a "self levelling" system.

Been using it since June, fantastic system but sometimes the auto can't cope with the slopes, easy to use the manual mode.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

We had this system fitted to our Swift Elegance 645. Makes levelling this TA caravan so easy. Only come across one problem in France with an extreme slope across the axles. However a few pieces of scaffolding plank cut to match the hydraulic rams ensured that we had a secure and level caravan. Without the self levelling system it would have taken a significant amount of digging into the slope to level the caravan. Because of the cost it will never be a system for everyone, but if you have the finances to pay for it, it is worth every pound it costs.

• 2 months later...

Budget beween 2. 5-3k, it takes a day to fit, the feet of the axle Rams are probably 3 or 4 inches below the axle tube from memory

We are getting a new Buccaneer Cruiser on 30 January which has the self levelling fitted as standard, looking forward to it.

Judging by the payload problems that many have even when a motor mover is fitted, it would seem that such a feature is hardly a feasible proposition without an MTPLM upgrade.

Judging by the payload problems that many have even when a motor mover is fitted, it would seem that such a feature is hardly a feasible proposition without an MTPLM upgrade.

The Buccaneer comes standard with the system, but if you have a payload issue then yes not worth fitting so makes you wonder how many current caravan can have it fitted.

I guess you will need to take the weight off of your user payload. How heavy is the system?

macafee2

Bit of a delay but thought I'd answer anyway, net gain is 17kg from memory, remember the old steadies come off. We have a 347kg payload so not too much of a worry in comparison to some vans