Tyre Pressure

Coastline

When towing do you have your tyres at fully loaded pressure?

Yes, plus the recommended 3psi extra in the rears.

When towing do you have your tyres at fully loaded pressure?

Car or caravan?

Adventure before dementia.

Saving for a Caravisio !!

Yes I too use the full load tyre pressure on the car . In fact I tend to keep it like that even solo.

Yes both car and caravan.

Dave

. ......never tow below MTPLM :)

So you always tow above the MTPLM?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Where exactly did I state that, strangely there is an in between, it is called the MTPLM which I can measure. :P

Eats shoots and leaves.

I have always have them at fall pressure, just thought I would ask before setting off to Southern Spain with two much in our van, wife puts in the caravan I take it out!

I have always have them at fall pressure, just thought I would ask before setting off to Southern Spain with two much in our van, wife puts in the caravan I take it out!

Me too.

Put the heavy stuff in the car. .....

Edited by Motobiman

I, too, keep my car's and caravan's tyres on maximum-load pressures (40psi for car and 60psi for caravan) and use a Tyrepal sensor for all six wheels. Having driven for half-hour or so, the pressures increase by about 5 to 8psi, and then they generally stay at that increased pressure.

Me too.

Put the heavy stuff in the car. .....

I always put heavy stuff in the car ie awning etc. But returning from Portugal in June I put every thing in the car, a bad move as soon as we got on the motorway the caravan was playing up, moved some of our kit back into the caravan, sorted.

I always put heavy stuff in the car ie awning etc. But returning from Portugal in June I put every thing in the car, a bad move as soon as we got on the motorway the caravan was playing up, moved some of our kit back into the caravan, sorted.

Hmmm. Wonder what that was about? Nose load?

There is no change on my car, normal, loaded or towing. van says 40psi and 40psi it is, never tow below MTPLM :)

Where exactly did I state that, strangely there is an in between, it is called the MTPLM which I can measure. :P

The Maximum Technically Permissible Laden Mass (MTPLM) surely must vary.

If you go away with loaded exactlyto the MTPLM and then use some gas, logically your load will be less on the return journey, or do you simpy add ballast of some sort to keep it constant as things get used?

If you go away with loaded exactlyto the MTPLM and then use some gas, logically your load will be less on the return journey, or do you simpy add ballast of some sort to keep it constant as things get used?

I have a Reich Caravan Control, if the van becomes below MTPLM I transfer bits from the car, improves the wine capability of the car. I never keep any caravan equipment in the car, that is not what a car is for. The CC may think that the car should take some caravan gear, I don't, that is a sop to the caravan industry and their extremely low load capabilities

Ahhhhhhh. . ...... beam me up Scottie.

To maintain MTPLM, you can always replace the gas used with wine boxes/bottles.

How much gas do you actually USE??

To maintain MTPLM, you can always replace the gas used with wine boxes/bottles.

Mike. :blink::blink::blink:

tyre pressure for towing may be in car handbook---usually max load.

Where did this 3psi extra come from????

The hand book. Max load + 3 psi extra in the rears.

More like ellipsis?

Don't you mean ellipses?

Eats . .. shoots and . ... leaves.

Don't you mean ellipses?

Eats . .. shoots and . ... leaves.

That's why Aussie sheilas call their boyfriends wombats

My current caravan is the same. If I tow it empty for servicing etc it's unstable. It prefers a little loading.

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.