Guy Rope Markers.

Tandem Man

We tend to use our Isabella Eclipse sun canopy more at this time of the year and SWMBO has decided that we need some sort of "indicator" to attach to the guys to avoid tripping over them in the dark.

Have had a look round and can't seem to find much apart from fluorescent top pegs which I don't really want ( have enough pegs of one sort or another).

Has anyone seen anything suitable that doesn't cost the earth or weigh a ton ?

Ian

There are some led clips marketed for pets that might do the job,

I flew some on a kite and they showed up well, even when the police

shone their torches at it :D

we use the cheapo solar lights at peg level

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

My daughter bought me a few orange plastic tent pegs which had a light combined in them. flick on--off switch.

Very light and easily carried.

Have a look at these, cheap as chips, I got a few for the tent.

http://www. lightinthebox. com/led-waterproof-clip-on-pet-safety-light-assorted-color_p398250. html

I do the same as Shipbroker; I got my solar lights from Wilko for about 79p each.

My daughter bought me a few orange plastic tent pegs which had a light combined in them. flick on--off switch.

Very light and easily carried.

We had some of those but found them to be expensive on batteries.

Dave

Have a look at these, cheap as chips, I got a few for the tent.

http://www. lightinthebox. com/led-waterproof-clip-on-pet-safety-light-assorted-color_p398250. html

these are a good idea, we bought some a few years ago from the pound shop, batteries lasted about 2. 5 years, cheaper to buy new ones rather than buying new batteries

mindy

You lot are all daft. Why spend money? If you caravan regularly and use an awning then surely after the third or fourth time you trip over a guy rope and measure your length you will remember where they are? :)

Try to help and you get called daft. :D

proverb It’s easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.

Prevention is better than cure.

Cut end off old plastic drinks/milk containers and thread guy through; cheap if not elegant but if you use Waitrose containers at least it has an element of "status" ;)

we use the cheapo solar lights at peg level

geoff

so do we :)

and a couple of the lidl ball type in the a plug holes in the a-frame

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I suppose the real question is why do you want to wander about in the dark? with a bit of planning there is no need except returning in the dark, but you have a torch in the car, surely?

Cut end off old plastic drinks/milk containers and thread guy through; cheap if not elegant but if you use Waitrose containers at least it has an element of "status" ;)

On a site near Carcassone last month a Dutch couple had pieces of orange flexible pipe on their guy pegs. I thought what a great idea but where to find a small length of conduit.

Dave

On a site near Carcassone last month a Dutch couple had pieces of orange flexible pipe on their guy pegs. I thought what a great idea but where to find a small length of conduit.

Dave

Half metre pieces of this on the guy is one answer, but you will need a French source;

http://www. screwfix. com/p/hose-yellow-30m/17050

Half metre pieces of this on the guy is one answer, but you will need a French source;

http://www. screwfix. com/p/hose-yellow-30m/17050

This wasn't garden hose, it was 3" - 4" conduit used for underground cabling in french called 'gain' but only available in 100 metre rolls.

Dave

How about a free-standing mains work light running from an external socket?

500w should just about provide enough illumination.

:)

You lot are all daft. Why spend money? If you caravan regularly and use an awning then surely after the third or fourth time you trip over a guy rope and measure your length you will remember where they are? :)

maybe op is thinking of other people tripping on his guy ropes when they are passing by, not everyone is selfish and just think about their selfs, we put little flashing lights on ours to warn others that there is an obstacle in the way, obviously we know where they are, think again about calling everyone daft, any good advice is better than a pointless comment than you have made.

mindy

I use the ones from Harrods. ..

I bought 10 colour changing LED solar garden lights, they're about 10" tall, cost a tenner. Break down into small sections. Good value I reckon.