Wheel Alignment

Richard_S_B

I recently had a bit of a worry whilst towing my Olly with my Insignia, the back end of the car felt a bit light and twitchy. However, I recently replaced the front tyres on the car and had the alignment checked for free - they were 3 degrees out. Cost £36 to have this corrected and the car pulled the van like a dream on our trip from Plymouth to London last week. Definitely worth getting the alignment checked at a tyre change.

Thats very reasonable. The thing with wheel alignment is that both track rods need adjusting equally or the "Toe In/Out on Turns will be iincorrect but correct in a straight line. Always worth asking to make sure.

I recently had a bit of a worry whilst towing my Olly with my Insignia, the back end of the car felt a bit light and twitchy. However, I recently replaced the front tyres on the car and had the alignment checked for free - they were 3 degrees out. Cost £36 to have this corrected and the car pulled the van like a dream on our trip from Plymouth to London last week. Definitely worth getting the alignment checked at a tyre change.

Three degrees is quite a large error, had it been kerbed or had parts of the suspension replaced and not realigned?

Three degrees is quite a large error, had it been kerbed or had parts of the suspension replaced and not realigned?

Three degrees out !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a wonder that it was not going around in circles.

£36. 00 is a hell of a lot are you sure that it was not 4 wheel alignment that was carried out and not just 2 wheel alignment/tracking

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Three degrees out !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a wonder that it was not going around in circles.

£36. 00 is a hell of a lot are you sure that it was not 4 wheel alignment that was carried out and not just 2 wheel alignment/tracking

I'm guessing just the tracking as 4 wheel alignment is more money,,we do 4 wheel alignment & just tracking. tracking front 2 wheels is £30 & if customer wants all 4 aligning it's £20 per adjustment for rears as it could take a while to adjust rears especially if nuts/bolts are seized & need heating up.

Andy.

Thats very reasonable. The thing with wheel alignment is that both track rods need adjusting equally or the "Toe In/Out on Turns will be iincorrect but correct in a straight line. Always worth asking to make sure.

That happened to a mini I owned as a youth. The garage set it up so it could do very, very tight left hand turns, but only just made it around a mini roundabout!

Half an hour labour. ..? Seems reasonable to me.

Half an hour labour. ..? Seems reasonable to me.

The other thing people don't realise how much these 4 wheel computerised systems cost,,the one I have saw £6000 & for the hunter aligner which is the dogs danglers is about &15000-£20000,,.i have folk coming into my place & say £30+ vat is too expensive for 30mins work so I tell them to go round to kwik fit then,,,,within half hour they are back asking me if I can do it straight away as kwik fit want £48,, I tell them sorry but it will be next week now as we are too busy.

Andy.